Alders Farm

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Has anyone fished Alders Farm recently.?
I have a 3 day match on there at the end of July, Pairs and an individual,
Won't know what lake I will get until the draw.
Any info on Lakes, such as bait and tactics would be greatly appreciated .

Reaction score
I believe you still have to use fishery pellets and it's carp,carp and carp,which is why I stopped fishing it Mark,used to have a lake where it had good numbers of tench,barbel and skimmers,with odd carp,150lbs plus to 300lbs to win it:sick::poop::sick:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Better off joining their Facebook page and asking.
Last match I fished there was 10 years ago, bagged up with carp on big maggot feeder.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I heard its fishery pellets only, and considering most fisheries use coppens or skrettings pellets that you can buy in tackle shops is a rip off ,one of these companies is ceasing production as well.
I know all Lakes apart from specimen lake are being used.
I will more than likely take a couple of feeder rod, pellet waggler and pole/ margin pole, that hopefully will cover what's needed, then sort bait out nearer the time.
Simon, I am not on facebook nor will I ever go it.
I may have a day on one of the Lakes on Alders before the match or at least have a walk round the place.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I have watched the angler who wins most matches there in action. He is like a machine. Pole @13m and pellet shallow. He feeds via catty before he ships out, then again once he has shipped out. Gets a bite almost instantly, hooks fish, feeds again then ships in.
Once he’s down to his tip kit he feeds again before landing the fish and repeating the process. I can’t imagine the stamina needed to keep that up for 5 hours solid?. Better get in training Mark.

Reaction score
There is a video on you tube by Tom Pickering method feeder fishing Alders,it was put on a few days ago if you want a look,forgive me if I don't,don't like catching carp one after the other and certainly not on the method...

silvers

Reaction score
FWIW The results from Alders are published by Peter on the Maggotdrowning forum.

there have been some pretty good skimmer and bream weights over the winter, and I know that Joe Roberts had 57 pounds of small perch last summer in the JJL (?) team match last year. Darren Cox had a weight of BIG perch a few years back as well on the same match.

two old Blackhorse colleagues of Alan and I do pretty well there ... Lee Newson and Gary Page.