Am I going insane?

R

Ron Clay

During the past few months, especially since being a member of FM, my fishing has changed.

I was sorting out my tackle the other eveining and what did I see?

Two packets of boilies, Bolt rigs and hair rigs, PVA string, boilie stops and needles, a variety of Korda leads, rig tube and foam, plastic casters and sweetcorn, a variety of hook length material by Kryston, swingers, a rod pod, a new Relum bivvy, two new Fox buzzers, etc etc.

What on earth is happening to me?

Like Sedge says I have to take a grip! If I don't watch it I'll be seen on the bank in a tee shirt with a dirty great snake on the front soon!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
My god, you'll be drinking lager and eating curry the way you're going. I can see the headlines now:

'Clay staggers on Trent clutching huge barbel in one hand and a can of Stella in the other, while emitting obnoxious gases from rear end and frightening badgers.'

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ron,
It's all the subliminn sumlibinn,...........................mind control tricks

R

Ron Clay

Do you know in the pub the other evening I asked for a pint of Stella instead of my usual Smiths Magnet.

What made me do this I cannot imagine. It may be that FM does control members minds.

P

Paul Williams

Ron,
I'm Breaming on a water that ain't seen many boilies yet so i went in with maggot tactics......those fine lines and small hooks are a bloody nightmare at 01.00hrs!!!!, is that age creeping up or do i need more Stella ;o)

R

Ray Bewick

Ron says "During the past few months, especially since being a member of FM, my fishing has changed."

Could it be your perception has changed?

"I was sorting out my tackle the other eveining and what did I see?"

I don't know man, you where hallucinating!, reminds me of the sign by a fruit farm "Pick your own Plums"; whats that all about then?

"What on earth is happening to me? "

Drunk! see your 15:11 mailing!.

Paul - don't be led astray, stick to Horse hair, plaited silk, split cane & gentles. Ron has obviously come under the influence of the dark side. I'm also worried about his mention of 'swingers'

R

Ron Clay

Blerry good idea, got to have some.

Am I catching more fish? Since 16th June I have landed 49 Trent barbel up to 91/2 pounds, 3 over 8 lbs. All taken on rigs suggested by Carp Angler using Bacon Grill and Trigga. (Sounds like Roy Roger's horses)

I will be doing a picture feature in Angling Star on my trips in the Nov issue.

P

Philip Inzani

Well done Ron. You are now at the stage where you can start to use words like "pukka" or "sorted" in your posts for example....

"I've had 49 Barbel since June - Pukka!"
or
"Me, I've got the Trent sorted"

Get the idea ?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And don't forget to use the weekly's favourite words and phrases like:

'I caught a shedful.'
'I emptied the place.'
'I went in on xbait and did the business.'
Describe everything good as 'cracking'.

And don't ever again use semi-buoyant baits - they have to be critically balanced in future.

I could go on, but I won't, for you won't have to look far to get the idea.

R

Ron Clay

No chaps, I have not got the Trent "sorted". I hope I never do. Somehow the magic will be lost.

S

Stuart Bullard

Ron, what was carp anglers rig? Is it posted elsewhere.

R

Ron Clay

It consists of a 2 to 4 oz Korda lead stopped on the mainline with a swivel and rubber bead. About 4 inches up the line is a Drennen leger stop, again buffered with a rubber bead.

The hook length is 8 lb Virage fluoro about 3 feet long with 8 Drennan Conti Boilie hook tied using Knotless knot with hair.

C

Chris Bishop

I used three rods, rod rests, bite alarms, brolly etc for the first time in ages last week - after a summer fishing with one rod holding it all the time.

These creature comforts spoil you. Once I'd got all that lot together I couldn't be bothered to up sticks and move.

If anything you get a knee jerk reaction against all this tackleitis after a while. Like, I saw mini TVs for watching in your bivvy the other week. Why not stay at home and watch the telly if that's what you're into..?

P

Paul Williams

I fished a stillwater last week after river fishing for a while......bloody hard work it was to compaired to the river!! all those rods...bivvy...dingy....mountains of bait....cooker....food....etc etc, when i'm on the river i can just grab a few bits and i'm ready to go.

C

Carp Angler

Ron, what was carp anglers rig? Is it posted elsewhere.

I'll send it to Graham for the rigs page.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You'll find it here:

<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?UAN=1314&sp=&v=r>The Rigs Page Library</A>