An Evening With The DVSG

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Missed Fred's response but I can only assume it was a wrap round of suicidal chub proportions!

Never mind Fred, you will still be madewelcome. And if you like I'll even save you a seat on the front row, right next to Tony.

Who knows, you may even enjoy yourself.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Nick (CSG) and anyone else who is hoping this will turn into a Wilbury's (travelling circus).

Let's just wait and see how this one goes.

I'm retiring from the day job in a week or two and will be spending more than a little time on the bank this summer. Come the cooler evenings I might be tempted to go on the road with a little show. Depends on the demad really but with no job or company car to fall back on I may have to start charging for my sevices.

We all have to eat.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
What a shame you can't make it Fred. We'll keep your peg empty though. Wouldn't want the riff-raff leaving crisp packets or anything, would we? It was a wrap round, though, wasn't it? Tell the truth, Fred. You bit big style!

Oh bugger. I've put it back to the top.

And when I remove this quip, does that mean it'll go back there again. Duh???

Re: self publicity kick? BR. 795 posts (796 with this one), FB. 6,803 posts.

I'd suggest the stats don't lie.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
PS: Fred

I'd love to spend more time teasing you but I've a plane to catch. Need to top up the tan before the show.

But that link...

I'll give you that. It's funny!

If you had a sense of humour it'd be even funier.

797 posts and rising.

F

Fred Bonney

Alright Bob,I'll put it back,it was a conversation I overheard after your advert, and your follow up posts on here

HPS & Barnsley Associate season ticket member:

Some people just bare grudges, don't they?

Barnsley Associate & HPS season ticket member:

Well, we don't give a f***, we forgive and forget little peoples tantrums.

HPS & Barnsley Associate season ticket member:

Shall we pity them, and boost the crowd, after all, none of the money is going in whatsisnames pocket is it?

Barnsley Associate & HPS season ticket member:

Ay lad, all right then.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Fred, that was a funny link.

Jimmy, it wasn't a pre-requisite of this site to need to fill in your profile. I must admit I quite like the idea though, but as it's not a rule it shouldn't be an issue - unless you thought someone was posting under some sort of pretence.

F

Fred Bonney

Nearly as good as the tent,Wol.

Having said that,you don't need a sense of humour to spot such things....do you?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Nearly /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Jimmy - My profile is filled in as far as I feel is necessary. It gives my name and I can be emailed direct from the profile page.

I see no point in naming every individual item of tackle I own, do you? What purpose does that serve?

Everyone knows I'm a Yorkshireman through and through. It's not like I hide beneath a bushel, now, is it?

As for what type of fishing I do, it's easier to state what I don't do. After all, I've published articles for 20 years, written books, made videos, appeared reasonably regularly on TV and radioAND I invariably name the venues I fish because they are almost always public access waters.

For what it's worth I'm a fully paid-uplife member of the ACA.

My politics are my own. How often I go fishing is my business. What else do you want? Bank account details? Number of fillings owned? Does he take sugar?

If you are infering I'm pretentious, go ahead. Surprise, surprise, a friend of Fred's has a cheap pop at me! That's original.

Now really, I do have to pack!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What,s wrong with you Bob is you,ve got to many of these in your cupboard.
horror_10.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Infamy infamy......

Anew friend for me, hi Jimmy, nice to meet you.Thanks for the introduction Bob.

I see your a Scot, nothing to hide there then!