And The lord said"Build A Boat And Bring Forth The Animals 2x2"

C

Chris Bishop

I haven't had a problem with leaks with a Brotel yet. First brolly I've used for years and I quite like it. Only snag is it doesn't encourage you to be very mobile, which is why I stopped lugging them about before.

Anyone tried ponchos..? Cross between a raincoat and a tent, you sit there looking like an extra from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly but they keep the rain out.

K

Keith Miller

Thomsons Water Seal is available in two types, the cheaper one is solvent based and takes time to dry and smells! The other is Thomsons Water Seal Ultra, which is water based and dries more quickly.
I can also recommend Aquasure for all manner of repairs, keep it in the freezer for longer life. I have used the tube I had, anyone know where I can get more as local shops don't have it?
I am also looking to purchase a Deluxe Brotel. Can anyone put me onto a supplier local to myself in North Essex, or within reasonable distance?

D

David OLoughlin

Keith phone Relum they are really helpful. & thanks for that tip on the Thomsons - I presume it works as well as the original?

K

Keith Miller

I use it on the plasterwork on my house. The water based product is effective for longer.
Relum phone no. available on their site?

D

David OLoughlin

Yes, I'm sure it is as I phoned them & had to get the number from somewhere (click on Relum sign on your left).
Thanks again Keith.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Sorry I couldn't thank you all for the replies but my system is being replaced next week (it was meant to be this week and I had packed this one up, then got withdrawal symptoms and unpacked it again). ;-}~

K

Keith Miller

Looked at info on tins of each version of Thomsons, solvent version mentions suitability for use on tents etc.
BUT Ultra version, in the small print, does say not suitable for use on plastics and synthetic materials. Apologies if I have misinformed you.
Relum enquiries 01728 603271

D

David OLoughlin

Thanks for double checking Keith, much appreciated.

K

Keith Miller

Like the hat!
Had a similar one, Indiana Jones from EuroDisney. Got blown off and sailed away across a lake in Ireland, although, I would hasten to add, not by a badger!

D

David OLoughlin

Aha, original Akubra from a geologist brother in the land of Aus. As I said on a previous site I have sneakily found a way of making it 'badger proof' with a leather lace.
Maybe it's one for the tips page?

D

David Granger

been using t waterseal for years mix it with a bit of watercolour powder for a jazzy
camo finish .dont let the can freeze it goes all gooey and takes weeks to dry and yes it does pong