Anglers corner....

flightliner

Reaction score
Here's mine--
IMG_7093.JPG

Aknib

Reaction score
Aw man what fun I've been having all day, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed myself this much without breaking the law!

Dragging furniture out to the garage, dragging furniture in from the garage... I've been threatening to do this for so long and I was supposed to be re-decorating this room before going for it but what the Hell, if I do it this way around at least i'll be able to cover over the holes where I've drilled the walls by mistake :)

I feel like the angling equivalent of Toad from Toad Hall :ROFLMAO:

The very early start of the fishing room and the comfort of preparation for a session in the warmth of the bungalow without the cold nose associated with the garage, that gents wardrobe is cavernous and gives me a few options and I'm currently contemplating 'Perch Corner', tomorrow is intended to see the rod and reel racks going in.

I'm after a sort of organised chaos look with this by splitting the rods up into different areas by float, tip and Avon with the associated gear alongside each discipline but I'm not sure how that's going to play out at the moment, it's got to be both functional and somewhere where I enjoy spending time.

Anyway I reckon I've got a few days of head scratching coming up...

fr.jpeg

Watch this space, a tub or two of filler and I'll be back... :cool:

Aknib

Reaction score
You know that feeling, the one where you wished you'd never started something...

aaa.jpeg

I had to change me socks this afternoon after undercoating the inside of that wardrobe 'cos they were covered in white undercoat and low and behold I've got two more panels drying in the kitchen after glossing them up and I've gone and bloody trodden on one and now have another sock coated in green gloss!

Grrr...

The cat seems determined to (quite literally) follow in my footsteps and the whole place stinks of paint!!

I've just ordered what will be some cabinet lighting for the inside of the wardrobe as the top part will house my homemade floats, i'll probably blow meself up wiring it in!!!

Grrrrr!

flightliner

Reaction score
You know that feeling, the one where you wished you'd never started something...

View attachment 13411

I had to change me socks this afternoon after undercoating the inside of that wardrobe 'cos they were covered in white undercoat and low and behold I've got two more panels drying in the kitchen after glossing them up and I've gone and bloody trodden on one and now have another sock coated in green gloss!

Grrr...

The cat seems determined to (quite literally) follow in my footsteps and the whole place stinks of paint!!

I've just ordered what will be some cabinet lighting for the inside of the wardrobe as the top part will house my homemade floats, i'll probably blow meself up wiring it in!!!

Grrrrr!
I feel your pain Steve, I once knocked a 2ltr tin of white gloss some 40 years ago onto a bedroom carpet, hell to pay for weeks afterward!! ?

mikench

Reaction score
It all looks good Steve. I remember being in a mates car years ago which he loaned me( we swapped although I cannot for the life of me remember why) . Anyway I bought a gallon tin of red cedar wood preservative which I placed on the front passenger seat. I braked suddenly , the can shot forward hit the floor and the lid came off and the contents filled the footwell. I spent hours trying to clean it up but it always showed as he regularly reminds me 30 years on.

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
Well it will soon be a week on since the tackle room of Toad Hall was initially conceived, there are a few things still to do but we're not far from the finishing line now.

If you lit a match in there the place would blow sky high with the fumes from undercoat, gloss, emulsion, stain, varnish and just about every other DIY product you could think of but it's now resembling more of a tackle room than the office it was only a week ago with one of the wardrobes undercoated and glossed out inside with bespoke shelves made and fitted, sturdy rod racks made in singles. doubles and triples were also conjured up from timber I already had in the shed in order to group the rods by type...

IMG_5657.JPG

IMG_5679.JPG

The overall effect was quite pleasing with the big surprise coming from the effect that the sun had on the oil painting I bought last year even if I haven't quite decided where to hang it as yet...

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5720.JPG

Aknib

Reaction score
An identical gents wardrobe was mercilessly butchered in order to provide another cavernous set of drawers with a good surface area for tying rigs, sorting gear ready for a session and some reel display but always with functionality beneath...

IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

IMG_5758.JPG

Still deciding on whether or not to display the fixed spools but suspect they may reside in a drawer.

Aknib

Reaction score
So...

All in all a work still very much in progress but heading in the right direction.

IMG_5692.JPG

Some fittings survived the migration from the garage to the house and some didn't, I'm pleased to announce that the carousel of banksticks is still very much alive and kicking...

IMG_5702.JPG

On the 'to do' list is a general reorganisation of some drawers now that I seem to have an abundance of them and the Pike section still has to go in on the rear of the door, that's once I've figured out how I'm going to do that with your typical 1980's hollow door that feels like you could poke a finger through it but I have a cunning plan...

IMG_5735.JPG

I'm currently faffing about with cabinet lighting too but that's not going well oh and curtains, note to self...

Need green curtains! :ROFLMAO:

The bad one

Reaction score
I seem to recognise that sign from a while back on here......the mystery deepens? Or is there a Resurrection.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
That is amazing Aknib, stunning. well done, a lot of work; no problem finding what you want to hand in there and your gear will last a long time. I am all a bit hap hazard but that must be very satisfying.

mikench

Reaction score
Well done Steve. I gather queues are forming already despite the lockdown.it looks brill. Amazon sell some LED battery powered lights called Omeril( £12.99 for two. They are motion activated and will screw on or stick on most surfaces. They are slim and neat. They only come on in the dark but can be switched on manually and permanently. Just one AA battery per light. There are different types . I have fitted them to our stairs .

IMG_9298.JPG

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I remember that pile of stick and stones though Aknib, that's a long way back mate, I think you fished it out of the Trent and got a right ribbing for it; all in good fun though. I bet old Crow loved it; he will be taking over your anglers den, watch for things moving in the night.

The bad one

Reaction score
Sorry Peter before I get into something I don't at this moment understand TAA? If its what I think it is ....Arms, I was never a member or invited to be one. What's the Latin phrase.. I was a bit Persona non grata , so have little knowledge of who, what, where so to speak, other than the odd bits that seeped on to here.