Anglers prebaiting?

Reaction score
Obviously a definition of pre-baiting is required,feeding a swim before the day your fishing,in my opening post actually feeding it for weeks to make fish only accept their bait as food...

benny samways

Reaction score
That wasn’t clear from your first post Whitty, not that it matters.

It is not possible to pre-bait to an extent that the only food the barbel would accept is the prebait. That would imply that the prebait somehow makes fish unable to recognise or accept all other food items. So by eating 300 x prototype boilies the barbel would no longer recognise bloodworm or caddis as food? This just can not and does not happen.

Stitching up a fishery with prebait works on the basis that you are filling the fish up till you next go angling, that is how I have always interpreted it when I have read about anglers doing it (Such as Tony Miles, Stuart Morgan etc).

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Its interesting as whilst I dont think you can get fish to eat something to the exclusion of anything else as Benny says, I do think you can get fish to search for a certain food item in preference to others, at least for a while.

Reaction score
Not totally exclude things from their menu,but certainly create a preference, milk protein baits do similar,but good quality boilies not widely available creates a similar dependancy,I'm certainly not knowledgeable enough to know the overall effect of such baiting,so can only imagine.