angling in suffolk

N

neil curr

I have recently moved to Norfolk Suffolk border near diss and would like to start fishing again. It is some years since I last fished but I have all the kit for course and sea fishing.I wish to join a club or meet with others who might give me help and advise to get me started again.

A

Alan Cooper

If you look via the "Search" facility Neil you will find some references to the Suffolk Stour from Keith Miller and myself. Both the LAA and Billericay AS have stretches on the Stour in the Bures area and you can join both as an individual "freelance" member. The LAA also has other good waters in your area.

C

Carp Angler

Have you tried the "LOCAL TO YOU" link on the left of this page?
<----- over there

M

Malcolm Bason

Hello Neil.

There are loads of waters in reasonably close proximity to where you are situated - I recommend you buying the following book:

"Where To Fish In Norfolk and Suffolk" by John Wilson. ISBN 0-7117-0833-9

If you want to e-mail me I can give you a few, but don't really want to go listing a load of fisheries on here!

M

Malcolm Bason

One place I would like to recommend on here (to see if anyone else has fished it?) is Waveney Valley Lakes at Wortwell, near Harleston, Norfolk. It is situated just off the A143 and only about 7 or 8 miles from Diss. How's that - near enough for you? I believe I'm right in saying there are discounted (half-price) day tickets available during the winter months.

N

Neil Curr

Thanks Malcolm I have taken your advise and ordered Where to fish in Norfolk and Suffolk and look forward to its arrival.
Can anyone tell me the name of a good fishing club to join near Diss

D

David Nichols

Neil...there is the Diss Club you can get membership through the local Angling shop..Peggs (see local shop directory)They have several lakes and parts of the River Waveney to cater for all types of Course Fishing. Another to try is the Harleston Club you can jion through the tackle shop in Harleston and they have several good lakes for Carp and Course fish in Weybread.They also have stretches of the Waveney

R

Rob Brownfield

Diss Mere is a good water indeed. Season ticket i believe. You also have loads of waters down that way. Nip into Beccles and have a word in the tackle shop there. They seem to be really in touch with the water in the area.

robert foulger

Reaction score
diss mere is a gd place for miles plus it cheap /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

geminus

Reaction score
So you think he may have found a few places by now CAKEY/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif