Angling MP Salter to Stand Down

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Best wayI suppose....he was out of a job come next election anyway

I hope he enjoys less success as an angler than he did as a labour mp charged with the destuction of both an economy and a country.

Nice fat pension no doubt...Paid for by the taxpayer

Unlike my own....very thin and skinny...paid for by me.

enjoy the retirement...

Muffin

Reaction score
Fair play to the lad is what I say.

In a world of commercial nescesity he has managed to hold down a job that will pay far more than I ever earn, and still have enough time to catch manymore specimin fish than me. And surely he has done a little bit to promote angling, which is far more than most MPs do or will do.

Jealous, yes I am.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Martin Salter was one of only 4 sitting Labour MP's to actually increase his majority at the last election - I would have thought that he was a 'shoe-in' at the next election.

Martin has worked tirelessly on behalf of the nation's anglers and deserves our thanks and praise.

That said, I am sure that there would be a 'seat' for him in the Angling Trust - if he wants it, that is.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Yep,I suppose there will be a seat for him...

With a smallretainer and perks?

I expect he will end up with more seats than a table and chair wholesalers...

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Hahahaha! Mate of yours is he Lee?

I have a low opinion of MP's I'm afraid, and make no mistake any MP will turn his back on those that trust them and not lose a wink of sleep over it. Party before common sense, party before the wishes of their constituents, easy bought and glib liars, apart from that they aren't too bad.

M

mark norris (ACA)

Come on Graham, stop sitting on the fence. Tell us what you really think of politicians

preston96

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Lee Swords wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I hope he enjoys less success as an angler than he did as a labour mp </blockquote>

I wouldn't wish that on anyone Lee( not even you) /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif................i hope he has a very succseful angling life in his retirment.

preston96

Reaction score
Never happens in the angling world eh Ray /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
hahaha,

Big blow for the Angling Trust Salter was the man for them. It happens here Paul in Angling, the Angling Trust say we have 4 million Anglers, MP talk./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

preston96

Reaction score
I was thinking more of the freeloaders buttering up every bit of kit they get their hands on free Ray....../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Then knocking others for the same........i thought FM had been deemed politic free?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Know what you mean Paul about freeloaders.

Politic free, no, how can it be when the Angling Trust is dealing with government, well so they say, politics and Sport, don't go there mate/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Hahahaha! Mate of yours is he Lee?"

Lee is just jealous of those carp he had whilst on holiday and the gravy train he travelled on to get there,only kidding Lee /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I know mate, get in get out, makea few "friends" along the way.....

The nest is feathered!

Cynical? Maybe???

Windy

Reaction score
I have no time for his party or politics in general but Salter seems to me to have been in a small minority of MP's interested in angling who actually attempted to do something positive for the sport during his time in Parliament.

Plus which as an ex-MP he will know where many of the bodies are metaphorically buried with direct access to people who will actually return his phone calls..... which is why ex-MPs are sometimes worth paying as consultants.

Just strikes me that I can think of a lot worse people for the Angling Trust to consider employing.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I think Martin is a great guy and should cross the floor if he can get the right seat underthe Tory banner. What he has done for angling is to be applauded. I don't see a spokesman for angling in the Tory party at the moment, and Anne Widdicome needs shooting, she is an anti!

Noel80

Reaction score
Good luck to him. He's the only MP I've seen or heard defending angling and anglers.

Angling needs people like him but I don' see anyone else.

Alan Murphy 2

Reaction score
Shooting Tories, whatever next?
Martin Salter is a pearl amongst swine as far as I am concerned and is more trustworthy than the other 600 MPs put together.
There may be one ot two that are deserving but the rest are absolute sh**e as far as I'm concerned, whatever party.
Martin Salter, you will be missed......

Alan