Angling MP Salter to Stand Down

W

Wolfman Woody

"1. How many fish ladders have been installed on he Trent, Thames, Severn, Don or any other river you can name....Not that many"

In fact, the Thames has fish ladders on all the weirs up to and above Oxford. They were put there for the ficticious salmon that were introduced, made their way out to sea and didn't bother returning. Fat load of good they did and the cost went into £Millions!

I agree with a lot of what you are saying Lee, "I hate this government with a passion that has no equal and although Mr Salter has shown some positives towards our sport he is still responsible by association to the greatest F*ck up any political party has ever achieved in our lifetime."

Don't forget the close runners-up though, Major's madmen! Never before was there a bunch of ass-kissers and head-nodders and look at the unholy mess they made on many occasions. Their one saving grace was Ken Clarke, though it pains me to say it, he did manage to drag us out of the last recession.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Bishop wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

As Richard says making lists of what is wrong is the easy bit. Having the drive and determination to change things is another.

If Martin Salter made just one inroad into your list during his time in parliament and got people in high places talking about such issues its more than you have done Lee in having a good old moan on here.

If you think you can do better stand as an MP.</blockquote>
If I lived in Sheffield I'd vote for you Lee /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Son of Meldrew

Reaction score
Now I'm really depressed. I've just realised that our Government is crap, our national football team is crap, many of our football managers are foreign (and crap), our national football coach is foreign (and very possibly crap), most of our Premiership stars are foreign, most of our water companies are owned by foreigners, thousands of foreigners are here taking our jobs and stealing our fish, and most of the biggest fish in this country are also foreign. Our jails are full of foreign prisoners, most of whom we can't deport as this would breach their human rights...

The only bright spot is that our national match fishing sideis a world beater! But then most people won't know that, because it never gets reported except in the angling press...which only we, theanglers, read...

I'm a bit confused...weren't we on the winning side in 1945???So what the hell has gone wrong since then..? I don't believe it!!!