Any chance of another Grayling fish in this autumn and winter ?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Every time we have been down there someone has fished the 'pool'

A couple of years ago I think it was Chavender had a good mixed net including small pike.

I believe it is only on week days that you cannot fish there due to the traffic around the offices there.

I could be wrong, but we've usually had someone in those swims, Andy N and the Spillers from last year, or maybe the year before . . . . .

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
You may be right PJ...Big Phil got chased off the HP last time we were there and now you mention it I think that was because it was a weekday. Blooming long way down to the water though.No place for boy's nets.

I hate fishing in the rain.If its really bad I wont bother but [of course] I will pay.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Hate to say it but spoke to a friend who lives in Southampton, he said the forecast is pretty poor for Sunday (may be taking stool & brolly)

All forecasts I've seen show rain, some say it's not arriving 'til the afternoon - fingers X'd.
Jerry
PS I'm getting used to it anyway - my last FM trip to Marsh Farm in July caused localised flooding around the fishery:D

Morespiders

Reaction score
Seriously....the forecast still says heavy rain for Southampton on Sunday and if that doesn't change I may not go. I really hate fishing in rain & you can't trot properly from under a brolly. I will decide tomorrow.

A big pirate like you frightened of the rain, ohhh come on Skipworth you fairy, I dont believe it

Windy

Reaction score
I aim to be there, come hell and high water*... which unfortunately seems likely to be the case !

Lightning..... hmmmm - time to break out the nicely insulating old glassfibre B&W CTM 13A perhaps, rather than stand about waving a carbon conducting rod at the nice black cloudy things !

Mind you, whether I will make it by 7.30 I doubt. Tho I will seriously make an effort to be there for the off before 8 and the meagre remnants of whatever bacon may be left..... (will bring some supplementary pork based supplies just in case ;))

The various forecasts have been so mixed up and contrary that I have stopped looking at them. What will be will be. And if it does pee down then at least I shan't end up asleep :wh. Again. I hope :rolleyes:

* I have even bought a dozen maggots. Well, what the hell, it doesn't do to be mean in a Triple Crown year...

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
I aim to be there, come hell and high water... which unfortunately seems likely to be the case !

Lightning..... hmmmm - time to break out the nicely insulating old glassfibre B&W CTM 13A perhaps, rather than stand about waving a carbon conducting rod at the nice black cloudy things !

Mind you, whether I will make it by 7.30 I doubt. Tho will seriously make an effort to be there for the off at 8 and the meagre remnants of whatever bacon may be left..... (will bring some supplementary supplies just in case ;))

The various forecasts have been so mixed up and contrary that I have stopped looking at them. What will be will be. And if it does pee down then at least I shan't end up asleep :wh. Again. I hope :rolleyes:

You should be used to what ever the weather brings with your heritage:D - cant be worse than the last couple of hours we spent at MF.
Jerry

S-Kippy

Reaction score
A big pirate like you frightened of the rain, ohhh come on Skipworth you fairy, I dont believe it

You'd better.... I am a big girl when it comes to rain and Parksy is not much better. Soft Southern shandy drinkers us !

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:13 ----------

You should be used to what ever the weather brings with your heritage:D - cant be worse than the last couple of hours we spent at MF.
Jerry

What ? I nearly drowned at MF ! That was like a Tsunami !

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
I'll be there around 7.30 come hell or Very high water......

The only other time I fished it, drove to the top carpark, then drove back through radiator high water as it came up very quickly.

Barbel................not for me.....had enough of fishing for them.

My old Mitchell match, sundridge proton match rod and size 6 hook with bunch maggots to 8lb mainline sounds about right.

Size 20? I'll bring the binoculors....

Looking forward to it.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Well my gear is sorted,the bait is bought and it would be incredibly rude not to show up so I will see you in the morning gentlemen.

However,as it will be VERY WET, I cannot promise to be anything other than double grumpy.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Well my gear is sorted,the bait is bought and it would be incredibly rude not to show up so I will see you in the morning gentlemen.

However,as it will be VERY WET, I cannot promise to be anything other than double grumpy.

Nothing changed there then:D

Good luck anyway, you will need it when your, cold, wet, and depressed