Anyone know ?

Philip

Reaction score
i find it works even better if you replace the weight forward fly line with leadcore(y):)

Philip

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO:
Maybe u should try such and at same time put lead boots on yer feet and take a wade in > alongside tigger both together (y):ROFLMAO:

...and there was me making a serious suggestion. Oh well, no pleasing some people I guess..

rubio

Reaction score
I've tried out lead core for Sole rigs. Not able to say they improved catch rates as all input variables came to zero. Not much help for casting.. but then 20m is often 10m too far for Sole.

Philip

Reaction score
I should perhaps point out I wasnt really being serious :)

...wouldnt mind having another dabble at Beach fishing not done it for years save the odd holiday cast or two.

budsy

Reaction score
WelI I tried it out last weekend and just been busy sincee and why just online now and have found this is best experiment in fishing ive tried
out and was a bit dubious when hearing of this method until I seen some guys using it ..

and then thought why not and have done like wise with a spare spool topped up with 8 WF fly fishing line

and cast is so at ease its very good and caught some fish also with this way of fishing as out further than others also ..

no-one in particular

Reaction score
WelI I tried it out last weekend and just been busy sincee and why just online now and have found this is best experiment in fishing ive tried
out and was a bit dubious when hearing of this method until I seen some guys using it ..

and then thought why not and have done like wise with a spare spool topped up with 8 WF fly fishing line

and cast is so at ease its very good and caught some fish also with this way of fishing as out further than others also ..
It worked then, how did you attach the fly line to the main line? How long was your fly line and what type was it, forward taper or something else? How much further did you cast? Did it hold bottom OK or did you need a heavier weight than usual. Sorry for all the questions but interested in the idea.

budsy

Reaction score
I done well with my weight forward 8 fly line with approx. 6/8ft of mono in 20/ l/b breaking strain tied onto a braided loop
was all needed along with a 4 oz weight and don't need to put much into the cast

all fly line cast out including some of my backing line at ease with cast ..was caught on bottom once and
did lose the weight and hook swivel ... but again easy enough to tie up again as said casting no problem and happy I caught fish being 2 cod
and 3 x whiting .. the cast was at ease each time and wish i went this way before ...just is same way I seen others catching whilst their casting
was at ease in comparison to mine before hand with mono line I used times before ...Plus cheaper than buying braided lines or mono to fill reel

as I did have several fly lines in weight forward taper in house as used to fly fish often in the past and didn't ever think id be fishing with a 12 ft beach caster with bait fishing ..for the bait I used the elastic bait line to whip on mussel on hook which helps bait stay on
and tied mussel with a part of a ragworm each time I caught . Well worth the try , you shall thank me later . Tight Lines .