Apollo steel rod?

Clikfire

Reaction score
Visited my mother tonight, started to move some stuff about in her spare room and came across a rod that I had forgotten I had.

Apollo steel rod 4 peice about 12 foot long I reckon. still in its original bag and in really good condition.

Any idea's on possible value? or where apart from ebay to sell it?

Thanks

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Clive,

Is the rod a Taperflash, the 4 pieces being a separate handle and then 3 more or less equal length sections? I rthink the bottom section (or two) were actually aluminium (?)

They do come up on e-bay from time to time and generally sell for around ?15 to ?20.

There was a thread not too long ago on the Taperflash where I said that I had 'refurbished' one out of two that I'd got from e-bay.

A lot of people will say that they were way too heavy but my opinion is that from time to time it is a real joy to spend a day fishing with old rods and reels - if for no other reason than to remind us how things have changed over the years.

You can always try e-bay (b.t.w. there is one on there now) otherwise, hang on to it and use it on ocassion.

Clikfire

Reaction score
Thanks Peter,

will have to check for the taper flash description. Yes to a short handle section and then three equal lengths, but I do believe that mine is all steel tubing with brass connections.

?15 -20 isn't going to go very far I may just hang onto it then.

must have missed the one on ebay as I can't find it now.