argal reservoir

S

shakey jake

does any body know anyfing bout this place. all i know is that it has got 2 40s init

S

solar

mate if this is the same res i fish in falmouth cornwall??yes has got lots of big fish but u need to find the fish first.
the `hotspots seem to be the lawn (right hand side half way up) of badgers and cosy,or if you dont mind the long walk try the ropes.

S

steve whiteway

hello,ive just moved to cornwall and id be gratefull of any info on argal,im not worried about swims,bait etc just what the carp stocks are approx,i understand if no one wishes to divulge the info,alsoif anyone has info on carp syndicates i also would be very gratefull as since i stupidly dropped my tickets i have missed that kind of quality,peacefull fishing,i aint a time bandit and can supply previous syndicate references,thanks for your time,all the best steveo

tim harrison

Reaction score
loads of BIG pike had 4 all to mid 20sand i have also pulled out a couple of 30s and 2 cats to double figuers

S

Steve Clements

have a word with ken townley on *arpforum, he's from those parts.

Big place, walked around it once.that's all I know.

Foxy

Reaction score
i live about 10 miles away and its my target water for 2009. about 90 acres, how do you know theres 2 fortys in it?? i would say biggest fish is up around late thirtys. Theres some massive pike in there and huge bream as for stocking, i have been told theres about 100 carp in there that were transferred from College res when they turned it into a nature reserve.

If you want to go out, pm me and i will put you on a few waters, havent found a decent syndicate.....yet

slime monster

Reaction score
foxy, has the recent parasite infestation at the res been dealt with ? i would be very interested if you have useful info on the bream stocks in there, put off fishing it last year but aim to fish it soon.

Foxy

Reaction score
dont know about the parasites mate but its rammed with bream. Try feeder fishing on the far saide of teh little bay accross from the car park

Rickrod

Reaction score
to tim.....

There is no cats in here and pulling out 2 30s your having a laugh 4 mid 20's, you must be the best pike angler to fish this water

B

Bill Cox

How do you know ? maybe he is the best to fish it. Sounds like green eyed monsters are all you catch!!!!!

Rickrod

Reaction score
bill. If you fished here every week you would know this just dosen't happen. For a start, there is no cats in there, I'm not green eyed it's just misleading other anglers who may travel a long way to fish it

B

Bill Cox

Fair enough mate, good points. I must say i live in the southwest and i've never heard it having any cats in it either.

Foxy

Reaction score
Theres not cats in there, and of.

There are alot of big pike in there though,although his claimed catch as of above hasnt been reported.....

steveo

Reaction score
RE Argal.

I fished it a few months back after adding it as a 2nd water to the SW season tcket.

My first impressions were wow,what a cracking place.

In fact I still thinks its a cracking place.For me as a weekend only angler it poses a few "bedchaairs in the woodpile"(Its a Cornish joke and Im only a Grockle but I thought it was funny,once I got it)

Anyway,the lake has a resident population of semi to full time carpers on it,who with the aid of modern technology manage to keep some of the best swims permanently occupied.This I noticed myself and also was told this by a couple of other anglers who jus fished weekends etc and they said that some of the swims had been taken for months by the same group.

It also like alot of public waters with footpaths has a constant stream of parents and uncontrolled children who all for some unfathomable reason find it necessary to communicate with each other by shouting and screaming??!!

Apart from thess issues the lake is lovely and has some cracking carp swimming around,I'll be fishing somewhere else tho.Good luck.

cheers

ash harris

Reaction score
anyone who knows the lake knows of the big carp and pike in there.ive never fished for the pike but had half tail at 40.12 in nov 2003.i love the place and only eastnor castle bettered it for me"but alot easier and smaller fish".id advise people to go and give it a try but make no mistake.i struggled for ages before i cracked it,and i must have being lucky and found a hotspot.most of the local lads know them but they can changeyear to year.pick the low pressure sytems as it seemed to work for me,or at least a bit of a pattern imerged.

id love to go back for the big strawberry common and his mates but my new job doesnt give me the time that place needs,maybe one day tho...........

soprano

Reaction score
Hi guys,i have just moved to Cornwall and want to start fishing Argal Reservoir,i am an experienced fly fisherman but have never done any coarse fishing.I would be particuarly interested in fishing for Pike and also Bream.Does anyone know what kind of numbers of these fish are in there,where are the best spots to catch them and what baits and techniques to use etc etc.Any advice and tips would be very gratefully appreciated.

woody2234

Reaction score
there are lots of snags and trees in the place

Last edited: