Ayatollah

S

Sundodger

I was inthe pub last night and some guys where talking about the Ayatollah Don B2B can anyone tell me who they are talking about.

sundodger

T

Tony Rocca

Strangely enough I thought that was quite funny.

Almost forgot, not able to have a laugh if your in the BS then Matt.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
It might well be funny (I find it so) but can you understand why Bob get's upset when BS Committee members post such things in public?

I'd like to think I'm not racist, but I find many racist jokes funny. I wouldn't repeat them on here though!

T

Tony Rocca

Well, Im always happy to laugh at my self along with others that do so, often.

If Bob cant do the same he has a bit of a problem these days, would explain a lot though.

Lifes great init.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

To be honest whilst its an open forum and everybody is welcome to post, I see little point in posts which are solely designed to stir up trouble.And before anyone says anything that applies to all parties in this increasingly unsavoury episode.

You guys have clear personal issues. Surely it would be better to sort them out in private rather than on an open forum?

The backbiting does none of you any credit whatsoever.

Isn't it about time a line was now drawn and the egos put away?

B

Bully

Still dont get it.......

Well said Nigel, couldn't have put better myself.

Paul. Owens

Reaction score
Sorry but it was the Mr Angry Articles that started it in the first place. Articles that Fishing Magic was happy to publish. Articles that riddiculed and made personal attacks.

It is also Bob, your journalist, that likes to disscuss private e-mails on this board.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

To be fair Paul, I dont think a lot of members give much of a hoot as to who said what first.It all smacks a little of the playground.

Time for a dignified silence from all concerned would be my wise counsel but hey I only going fishing for pleasure and relaxation so what do I know.

B

Bully

....and articles that did not mention anyone by name Paul, only the BS and challenging some of their (published) views. I suggest you re-read. There is, and should be, no problems what so ever with that. Bob did not mention any names in "Bored with Barbel".

And if someone responds to a published article by email to the said person, I see no reason what-so-ever to air it. It was after all a response to something that was public. What should really happen is make counter views or comments on the forum associated to it.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but, no.

Am a bovvered....!

Spot on Nigel. It's very childish. I've launched a war zone thread for those who wish to score political points, issue personal insults or make wild and imaginative accusations towards me. That way the normal day to day business of the site can focus on considered and thought provoking discussions related to fishing.

Bully, you too make a very important point. At no time in the article do I mention any individual. Nor did I mention breast feeding or Hazelford.

NOR DO I SEND TEXT MESSAGES IN BLOCK CAPITALS...

But if it drives angling towards a better care regime for the fish we reputedly treasure then it's worth every insult.

Certain posters should hang their heads in shame.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Bob, its fine agreeing with me but which bit of "lets draw a line in the sand" didnt you understand ;-)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I was going to delete this thread but I think it sends its own message.

T

Tony Rocca

I guess you thought the other one was a bit too tricky for Bob too then Graham, foul I cry.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It's all too tricky for me Tony, most of the time I don't know what the hell the three or four of you are talking about. I do know that the sooner you all get together over a pint, or meet behind the bike shed and get it sorted with a good old conker match, the better off we'll all be.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Keeping me busy trying to referee you lot that's for sure:)-)