Bait Bands

INearlyCaughtOne

Reaction score
So here is a question. When I use bait bands I tend to use those Guru 4" on the feeder, I have never bothered as yet tying my own. Now, just I am about to make up a few rigs (trust me this is under a magnifying glass as I have hands like shovels) I saw in an Angling Times article someone using a band with a lip in it so the hook can be pushed directly through the band. Anyone tried these and if so who makes them..... Any good?

chrissh

Reaction score
I use them if I'm fishing a pellet waggler and want to swap from soft hooker pellets to hard pellets without breaking the rig down they work well for me.

you can buy them on eBay

s-l1600.png

Reaction score
I hook Drennan brown bait bands,I hook through the band,squeezing the band flat,then hooking through both flats,but so as to not show much of the hook bend which naffs presentation....

Newbie74

Reaction score
I use them if I'm fishing a pellet waggler and want to swap from soft hooker pellets to hard pellets without breaking the rig down they work well for me.

you can buy them on eBay

View attachment 16675
Are these Aimed more for the Carp Anglers as I thought Anglers using feeders would use maggots or worms on the hook

chrissh

Reaction score
Are these Aimed more for the Carp Anglers as I thought Anglers using feeders would use maggots or worms on the hook
It all depends on where and what your fishing for most fish will take pellets on a float or feeder, chub, roach, crucians, tench, bream, pellets aren’t just for carp

Newbie74

Reaction score
It all depends on where and what your fishing for most fish will take pellets on a float or feeder, chub, roach, crucians, tench, bream, pellets aren’t just for carp
I must of been thinking of Bollies

INearlyCaughtOne

Reaction score
@chrissh Thanks for that I will give these a go. Feels like I can make up a hook length of the correct lb (loads of ready-made ones around I know but often the hook length is not quite the strength needed) and pop one of these on. If it works it will save hours of frustration and money in the long run.

INearlyCaughtOne

Reaction score
Yes, Chrissh that is correct. My pellets catch loads of Bream and Tench, they go mad for them. Especially if I prepare a ground bait with a crushed hotdog in the mix, the Tench go mad for it.

bracket

Reaction score
If I use a band the brown ones by Drennan are the ones I go for. Mostly though I use a hair rig lasso set up. Pete.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I was in the tackle shop this afternoon and I noticed some lasso rigs for sale. They were unusual in so far as they were a loop whipped to the hook shank with a float stop slid on to the loop. I have no idea how they would perform but it seemed quite a neat idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INearlyCaughtOne

Reaction score
I use Guru 4" banded rigs but have started to tie my own. I don't get on well with QM1 from Guru but use the MTW, seem more reliable somehow. Does anyone know of any smaller hooks with oversized eys? I want to make some smaller hooks up with a strong line.

rayner

Reaction score
I use Gamma power carp for hair rigging the eyes are OK. The hooks I like are 18s and 16s to .14 line plenty big or heavy enough for the fish in my local commercial.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I was in the tackle shop this afternoon and I noticed some lasso rigs for sale. They were unusual in so far as they were a loop whipped to the hook shank with a float stop slid on to the loop. I have no idea how they would perform but it seemed quite a neat idea.

I have some made by Middy, you get a couple of small lasso rigs and a couple of large lasso rigs in the packet ,they do various sized hooks and various breaking strains of hook length to suit.
I have used them on Band em pellets, used the same one with bread as a change of bait.
Used them on various sized hard pellets as well. I think they are good to use.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score

If they were Middy then they work well.