ban on angling report

D

David Hall

Once more with feeling the anti-fishing brigade have a forum to tell the world what evil sadist anglers are
Is it still not common knowledge that (in most cases) if no-one was fishing for them there would be no habitat for fish anywhere in the country. The rivers would be allowed to fill with chemical and organic run off from industry and farms the lakes and ponds other than garden variety would be filled in for building land. I have been fishing on and off for about forty years now and have only discovered litter left by anglers in and around waterways about ten times whereas I have lost count of the amount of litter and dumped rubbish I and many other of my angling freinds have bagged up and taken to an appropriate council tip.
Please beleive me during my life I have seen many cases of kids that were going off the rails (drugs vanalism and more serious crime) brought back on track through angling
Dont let the non fishermen and women dictate to those of us who have been caring and catching (and releasing unharmed) fish from the rivers lakes and the sea for so long

D

David Hall

Thank you for your support
especially as I am a total newbie at this Forum business.
I just couldn't take seeing the same old tired complaint again This has been going on for years I doubt very much if anybody who has ever complained about this has ever done any fishing or any other country pursuit
Tight lines to you all
David

D

David Hall

Oh by the way I sent the original off to BBC as you both sugested
David

D

David Hall

As yet I have heard nothing from the BBC to either confirm or deny receipt of my email
Has anyone else ?

J

John McLaren

Err! Problem is the Beeb programme was back in May! They probably won't be intersted in your views right now.