barbel basics

P

paul clarke

i am going on holiday to ferndown , dorset in 10 days time & intend fishing the hants avon & dorset stour in an attempt to catch my first barbel.however , my river/barbel experience is fairly limited & i find looking at these rivers quite daunting so any basic tips to folow would be greatfully recieved.

C

Carp Angler

What stretches are you fishing? If you shout back I will try and give you some specifics.....

N

Niel Dunnage

If you're planning fishing during the day I would suggest small baits or rolling some meat. Your best chance however would be to concentrate early morning late evening. What's your preference for a water as the two rivers can be quite different

J

james hunt

im also planning a trip down to fish the same 2rivers. but cant seem to find any accomodation.everywhere seems fullybooked. anyone with any suggestions with contact numbers.

C

Carp Angler

James, when are you planning on coming down? If I don't come back with a quick enough response try Ringwood tackle - 01425 475155, speak to Fat Richy

C

Chris Theobald

Paul
What you need is a class angler to take with you and it's your lucky day because I know of a bloke that not only has caught 15 Barbel in one session but on another occasion took three barbel weighing 9lb 8oz, 10lb, and 10lb 10oz.
The geographical location must not be disclosed but for a large fee the info could be surrendered

P

paul clarke

nice one chris , but just what i'd expect from a Dagenham lad. seriously though , the only stretch down there that i'm familiar with is "lifelands" at Ringwood.any day ticket stretches to reccomend , anyone?

C

Carp Angler

Near enough the whole of the Christchurch club book is day ticket, you really do need to speak to Ringwood tackle, he can tell you whats fishing well when you are down.

Let me and Neil know what dates you are down and we can probably meet up and show you about..........

C

Carp Angler

chaps,
some places to stay.....the white hart - 01425 472702, little forest lodge - 01425 478848, don't know the name but run by local angler - 01425 656245.
Don't forget to shout back about dates and we'll see what we can do about some guest tickets....

P

paul clarke

carp angler and neil , thanks for your info and help.i will definitely call in on "fat richy" or rotund richy as the weeklies seem to call him.maybe i'll let you know if i have any success in my barbel quest. thanks again and tight lines