Barbel fishing nr Ross on Wye

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I agree Bully.

Eric, I apologised to you and you owe one to Graham.

FM does not and would not encourage poaching!!!

High Horse? Not Graham, me thinks!

Sorry John!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I don't need English lessons and certainly not off the likes of you Mr hall thank you very much, and if you look under P in the dictionary you will come cross the word Prat which means a silly foolish person or buttocks which just about sums you up mate, well no, not mate actually, I was right first time.

eric walker

Reaction score
well with that last post i think i was right . mr weeham i m sure we will meet and have a chat as i m down there all octber nov and dec and posible jan before i go off to spain cat fishing . i m told i sometimes come across a bit strong but thats not the intention . as when and if we meet you will find out .

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Weeman, along with the information I have emailed to you this might be worth looking at, I have never fished this water since they took it over but I am led to believe it is quite good.

I have fished this and other areas of the Wye for over 40 years from Brockweir to Hay on Wye and I have watched this river decline from an angling view for the last 20 of them. There are good fish to be had but they tend to stick to particular areas especially on the lower part and as a newcomer to the area it is mainly down to luck or inside info if you are to catch fish. If you are going to float fish don't forget to try bread flake it is still as good and effective as it ever was. On the feeder you will catch the barbel on pellet and with those two baits you will have as good a chance as any. Also try and stay mobile as this will give you a better chance of locating the fish.

Good luck mate and have a nice holiday.

eric walker

Reaction score
bill no i m a terrible typer and using the computer but i did not know i had to be skilled at every thing i do get some stick for my typing and spelling still it dont bother me .i m like a lot of guys on computers. i do my best and if it bothers someone then i say dont read it. i m a little to old to change . i see these young lads type at such a speed

captain carrott

Reaction score
eric you stand up for the right of every idle sod to not bother using any form of punctuation and giving it a rough guess on the spelling.

well done sir i salute you.

bluddi ell i even smelled that last bit rite.

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Mr Walker, you say you are a commitee member of Prince Albert. What is your role? internet bailiff? It amazes me that someone makes a reference to some cottages near Ross and up you pop threatening people. Does PAAS employ you to trawl the internet and then sign up to forums that mention the Rivers they have access to and then proceed to harass them? If not welcome to fishing magic, if so crawl back under your stone.

marcus ballam

Reaction score
just a quick note about the link graham left you. It is now a syndicated water, the only day ticket bit is by homme farm.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Didn't know that mate, thanks. Some FM guy or guys went down that area a couple of years ago and along with the cottage came fishing rights for the week, they wrote an article about their holiday on FM if I remember right and that was the area above Kearne bridge by Goodrich.

Ah! just found it I think, it was you John, didn't you write an article after the holiday?

Wye hols

J

John McLaren

I did write an article and we did stay in Goodrich but the fishing that was available to us from our accommodation was a small feeder stream not the Wye itself. The Wye stretch we fished was not day ticket water.

Welsh Goff I Do luv My Sheep

Reaction score
Weeman you want to prey for some rain, on the river yesterday first session of the season the river is so stale.
My banker swim failed for the first time ever for Barbs but the snigs were devouring our pellets with gutso, quite a few very dark STs in the river.
Fished well below Ross, Graham you will probably know the stretch below the Pike?

T

Thalia

eric - would it be a good time to 'fish' your water as a non-angler when you're away cat fishing ;-)

v5929530

Reaction score
Mainoaks Fishing

I may be able to assist on the issue of Mainoaks fishing, as I am the owner of the cottages in question. PAAS do indeed own the fishing rights immediately opposite the cottages.

However, about 18-months ago we purchased a beautiful (and for many years unfished) stretch of the river wye about 1-mile upstream (on the opposite bank) of the cottages.

This fishing is provided FREE of charge for all guests staying at Mainoaks. To access it, if you're fit, you walk along the footpath on the opposite bank. If you're kitted-up, its a 5-min drive with parking, next to where the stretch starts. You can also fish at night.

There we have it: over 1,900 yards of prime untouched fishing, just waiting to be explored. So get your rods out!! Holiday Cottages, Holiday Rental, Self catering cottage - Mainoaks Cottages

johnnyfby

Reaction score
I may be able to assist on the issue of Mainoaks fishing, as I am the owner of the cottages in question. PAAS do indeed own the fishing rights immediately opposite the cottages.

However, about 18-months ago we purchased a beautiful (and for many years unfished) stretch of the river wye about 1-mile upstream (on the opposite bank) of the cottages.

This fishing is provided FREE of charge for all guests staying at Mainoaks. To access it, if you're fit, you walk along the footpath on the opposite bank. If you're kitted-up, its a 5-min drive with parking, next to where the stretch starts. You can also fish at night.

There we have it: over 1,900 yards of prime untouched fishing, just waiting to be explored. So get your rods out!! Holiday Cottages, Holiday Rental, Self catering cottage - Mainoaks Cottages

I have stayed at your cottages and they are very nice and would recommend them to anyone. I did fish the stretch in front of the cottages, which is very good. Would you be able to show us by either a map, photo of the stretch you have purchased. I did walk well upstream of the cottages, and past symonds yat rock, and it looks excellent.

Jon