Barbel Society Event, 21st September 2008

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<u>POSTED ON BEHALF OF THE BARBEL SOCIETY </u>

Following the cancellation of the previously arranged event, for the weekend of 15th. to 17th. August, we would now like to offer an ‘open day’ on this fishery for Sunday 21st. September 2008, as a one day event.

Start Time, from 08.00hrs., High Tide around 14.30hrs., Finish Time, late!

The event is open to all and to all Barbel Society members who wish to bring along a non-member fishing companion. All non-members and non-members of Sutton fishery will be met at the gate and issued day temporary membership. You will be able to access the fishery by car, to your chosen swim area.

There will be no charge for the event although we shall hold a raffle, with all proceeds to be donated to a charity of our choice, yet to be selected. Entry in the raffle is neither compulsory nor mandatory, each to their own choice.

Anyone wishing to attend may turn up on the day or, to avoid any delays at the entrance, to pre-register and have their temporary membership/permit forwarded to them by e-mail.

Whilst Barbel Society fishery rules require the use of unhooking mats, there will be a supply available for anyone who turns up without.

Mike Osborne, The Barbel Society, fisheries Panel Chairman

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks Graham.

Shame I can't make this one, I shall be on the Wye.

F

Fred Bonney

The charity to benefit from all the kind donations to the raffle will be.

''Lincs. & Notts. Air Ambulance Service''.

Reaction score
mmh finally one i could attend.thats not too far from me with my lack of car!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif
Hope i can get a pass out

F

Fred Bonney

Just moving up.

We havegota very good numberof non BS members coming from around the country.

Plenty of room.

F

Fred Bonney

A very successful gathering, 46 attended and £120.50has beendonated, via the raffle, and donations to the Lincs/Notts Air Ambulance.

Thanks to all those able to make it.

To those who couldn't, see you nexttime, or at Beauchamp Court.