Barbel 'The Traveller ' again.

Derek Lewis 5

Reaction score
hello,matt we meet again.
thats a lot of money to pay for catching the same fish again.derek.

The Hood

Reaction score
I live a short way from the mill, but can't afford to join the syndicate. I'd fish there every week if I could, dam good luck to all the members of the syndicate, enjoy it as much as you can.

F

Fred Bonney

Mike,?8.75ish, a week for the season,how much do you spend a week now?

Derek Lewis 5

Reaction score
hi,i remember catching a certain big carp years ago at send gravel pits and after catching it twice,and other doubles from there the place had no mystery to it,i knew nearly every carp that was in there,so now full time barbel angler,since the early eighties.
as for the traveller as it is called,i do beleive that graham king himself said in the mag after the first time he caught it that he didnt want anyone to go and catch it at a bigger weight.regards derek.

Rotofryer

Reaction score
derek that is bull.
i know graham personally. what he said it that he didnt think it would be out again this season. no one was more suprised than him that he got it again the next week.
most people want the biggest fish from wherever they are fishing and in that respect graham is no different to most of us.
get on with your own fishing and let others enjoy what they do

J

John McLaren

I was impressed with Graham King's article in CF. It's a shame that his original capture was eclipsed by the second and the attendant criticism.

A two mile stretch of river is a lot of water but the impression given by some writers is that these fish are contained within a very small area indeed and possibly that has been the cause of some of the concerns raised, but let's give Graham his due - he caught an exceptional fish twice in a short space of time but in no way could you say he was targeting that fish.

Well done Graham!

Derek Lewis 5

Reaction score
hi,i think your find that it not bull as you put it,grahams words acording to the mag,if its bull then the mag got it wrong,i suggest you get to read all the storys in the mags and get on with your fishing.derek.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I put a post on here that G. King had said he wouldn't like it if somebody else had caught this barbel the second time around.
(That was actually printed in the A.T.)

The following week it came about that he had not said anything of the kind.

Derek Lewis 5

Reaction score
hi,baz thanks for clearing that up,i tried looking for the mag/paper but must have thrown it out,perhaps i only got it half right.apoligies then to rotofryer if i didnt get it 100percent right.derek.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

That's why they call me The Angel Of The North Derek,

I'm allways pleasing people. :)

P

pons

It might be two miles of water,but most of the time in the summer and Autumn,when it is clear,the regulars know where all the big fish are,because they can see them,day after day.
Obviously differant in the winter,when many of the residents migrate down to Kickles in higher water conditions.
Pons.

Rotofryer

Reaction score
graham was very angry about what was said in the angling papers. so angry he was considering not talking to them anymore unless he recieved a full apology which i think he did

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Read the article by GK.Interesting angle on things but shame it was so full of product references - I suppose thats the way of the world now.