Bargains. Let us know.

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
If you ever need stuff let me know; any excuse to come back and go travelling.

Thanks for the offer, a gallon of reds I don’t need a mortgage for would be nice ;). Hope we’ll see you here at “La Canard qui Rit, Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne” (shameless plug!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I was looking at the Guru punch box,now this is a shallow plastic box with a tinted lid to stop bread/meat drying out and punch against,it comes with a set of punches,the downside is it costs around twenty quid,anyway I decided i'm not paying that and started looking around,I couldn't see a box that fitted the bill so started looking at chopping boards,went to tescos yesterday and picked up two for £2.50 that you are able to cut using scissors,so got eight actual boards or that cost,they are not thick,say 3mm,so aren't heavy,to say i'm chuffed is an understatement as punching onto lids or side trays was scoring them...

mikench

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, a gallon of reds I don’t need a mortgage for would be nice ;). Hope we’ll see you here at “La Canard qui Rit, Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne” (shameless plug!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shouldnt it be Le Canard or is that part of the gag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Just purchased 2 x Cadence CS4 3000 size reels for £44.98, as it was buy 1 get 1 free.

Then this morning i have just purchased 2 x Cadence CS7 3000 size reels off Facebook buy n sell site for £95. They are in mint condition and look brand new.

Now for me, that is a bargain and probably saved myself just over £100.

Well i'm happy with them.

Now all i need is to find someone selling a load of cheap Drennan loaded wagglers and that'll be me settled for the rest of the year.

Happy fishing to you all.

mikench

Reaction score
Sainsburys have a mini chopper on offer at half price reduced from £15 to £7.50

They also have a big bunch of gladioli for £2; one of my favourite flowers.

Last edited:

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Cadence keepnets back in stock and BOGOF.
I had a pair and they both broke but Cadence replaced the faulty parts, hopefully they have rectified the issue. That aside, at BOGOF, they are still a decent deal.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Not sure they are bargains or anyone would want to carry them in their tackle bag, they do weigh a ton, the big one is over a foot long, but had a senior moment yesterday and something came over me so I bought these for £48 in a second hand shop. Be nice to catch something for the 100lb one though, Maybe one day.
P1000288 (2).JPG

no-one in particular

Reaction score
At £12 each i wouldnt have been tempted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they were just about worth their money but not much, I sort of regretted buying them, impulse buying, often a mistake, eyes/heart over head and all that, I should know better but I auction stuff off, not for a long time with covid rules, maybe that's it . out of practice but they might find their place in a few job lots I can put together,

Keith M

Reaction score
They're the type of scales that my dad and I used back in the 1950s when nearly everyone we knew had the same scales. I think that the ones that we had went up in 4oz graduations so were really gooduns like the scales on the left in your picture.?

Keith

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
They're the type of scales that my dad and I used back in the 1950s when nearly everyone we knew had the same scales. I think that the ones that we had went up in 4oz graduations so were really gooduns like the scales on the left in your picture.?

Keith
There are a couple of dates stamped on them 1955 and 1943. Apart from the one that looks new that is 4lb in 1/4 lb increments I had never seen such heavy weight ones, two are 40lb, and 80lb and a 100lb. I think this is what attracted me to buy them. Actually what happened I bought one a few days ago for £7, I went back in to buy a couple of observers books for £9, I was looking at these 4 other spring balances and the total price came to £61 and she said I could have the lot for £50 in the end including the two books. I think that works out at 5 balances for £48 so an average £9.60 each, maybe their proper price. I like these little observers book for some reason, I have a few now and they had jackets so just went for it but regret a bit buying all these balances but as said might make up in some action job lots, make them more interesting and maybe get more bids, who knows, this kind of thing is all a lottery.

Attachments

• P1000288 (3).JPG
    P1000288 (3).JPG
    447.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Steve King

Reaction score
Have a look at wish.com! Personally I wouldn’t buy line or hooks, but for stuff like float stops, feeders, swivels, quick change float adapters etc there are bargains galore!

peytr

Reaction score
I needed a micro scale for my (pole) float making. Weighing the materials and the end result and -most important- checking the lead carrying capacity of a completed float can all be done by this little mini scale. With a resolution of 0.01 gram it can weigh a single nr 8 lead shot. A calibration weight is included. At just under $ 17 it qualifies as a bargain to my idea.

flightliner

Reaction score

Keith
I think it possible that they're every bit as accurate as many of the new style digitals.
I watched a u tube video yesterday where a guy tested a variety of new digitals and they were all over the place with widely varying results.
The ones that came up trumps were a cheap set of Berkleys at £20!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I think it possible that they're every bit as accurate as many of the new style digitals.
I watched a u tube video yesterday where a guy tested a variety of new digitals and they were all over the place with widely varying results.
The ones that came up trumps were a cheap set of Berkleys at £20!
I have had several spring balances over the years and I always found them accurate when tested, even ones that have gone a bit rusty. I think it was a very good system.

Keith M

Reaction score
I bought my first set of Avon dial scales back in 1976 and they were still accurate when I decided to replace them in 2007; (because the plastic face cover was covered in scratches and was looking a bit worse for wear).

Mrs M bought me a set of Fox Digitals to replace my old Avon’s but I ended up giving the Fox Digitals to my son because I’m not a great lover of electric scales; and bought myself a second hand and hardly used set of Avon dial scales off of eBay instead; which as expected have been very accurate.

NB: The batteries in my sons Fox Digitals ran flat the other week and he had to borrow my Avon Dial scales to weigh his fish and I tried (unsuccessfully) to hide my grin as he often used to rib me for hanging on to my Avon’s.

My old Avon Scales

Keith

Last edited:

Pete Shears

Reaction score
My Fox Digital Scales do not have an auto shut off switch so I fitted one myself ,easier than taking the batteries out.

flightliner

Reaction score
I have had several spring balances over the years and I always found them accurate when tested, even ones that have gone a bit rusty. I think it was a very good system.
I have some avon dial scales that need recalibrating, is it still possible to have them done these days?