Bargains

W

Wendy Perry

Hiya everyone been out to a few second hand shops this week looking for some bargains and boy oh boy i got some i don't know if they are all bargains but for me just setting up i am chuffed to bits with em ok heres what i got
shakespeare bait runner 2 spools and leather bag ?15
a landing net which folds up for transport a triangle shaped one ?6
a magnetic hook box 50p
2 fox bite alarms ?15 for pair
Leeda holdall ?10
a double pod i think thats what its called where you put bite alarms on the end and you can leave your rod on there i got that for ?15 the guy also threw in some rod rests and tubes for my rods so i was well chuffed with all that i'm all set for after my op... god i'm having withdrawal symptoms i haven't fished for 2 weeks i'm sure it's not this bad to give up smoking !!!

So cmon what's your best bargains ???

K

Kevan Farmer

100 assorted size porcupine quills for ?20.00 Some may not think they are much of a bargain but I do as I love to make my own floats still. With these working out at about 20 pence each I can afford to try those awkward swims. I think twice if I may lose a float costing ?1.00 upwards - well it can mount up and remember I have to survive on benefits and I have 3 kids to think of first. So, they are my best bargain.

Kevan

A

Andrew Thomas

BAA ticket....?20 for miles of Severn and Teme riverbanks !

N

Nicky Garbutt

Nils master spear head in flo green ?3.50 and i can't find them on were!.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Shimano Power HS match reel & Shimano Sedona 4000 GTE feered reel ?20.00 each.

R

Rodney Wrestt

errr.....Sedona 4000 GTE feered reel.... should be Sedona 4000 GTE feeder reel still a bargain even if I can't spell it. ;-}~

N

Nicky Garbutt

and a big bulk spool of silver thread mono for ?4.50 the best mono ive ever used.

P

Paul Kendall

Browing 13ft Bob Nudd match rod, with locking reel seat, full cork handle & never been used ...... ?8 from a cash converters shop.

D

Daniel Nutt

My best bargin? Here in France I have some nice landowner friends.....two lakes and two lengths of river to fish, ALL FREE....
sorry, didn't mean to make you drool!

B

Bob Car

Hi Wendy, Long time since we have spoken,
My best bargin has to be about 8 WEEKS ago went to a car boot and managed to pick up: Carp-:The Quest for a Queen by John Bailey and Martyn Page and The Carp Strikes Back by Rod Hutchinson and Friends and I paid 3.81 for the pair. Yep 3.81 what a bargin.

R

Ron Clay

About two years ago, a mate of mine picked up a first edition of "Casting at the Sun" by Chris Yates for ?1.00.

I offered him ?50.00 for this book. No way -he said.

I am told this book could fetch several hundred pounds. It's in pristine condition.

W

Wendy Perry

Hi Bob yes where have you been !!!
Bob that's a strange price to pay 3.81 you would have thought they would knock the penny off heheheheh don't know much about books so i wouldn't know if it was a bargain or not ;o)

R

Rob Brownfield

An original Sharpes of Aberdeen impregnated cane carp rod. Known as "The Carp", it was a very much "upmarket" version of the Mark IV with the most beautiful impregnated cane, marvalous cork handle, special copper butt whippings etc etc. The rod was made in Aberdeen for a few select shops down south and is now being copied by "Sharpes" (Not the original company by any means). I believe it now retails at ?400+ for a new one. My rod was used once by a salmon angler (he bought it for worming on the river Dee) and i paid the princly sum of ?90 for a "like new" rod. Even the cork was still unstained.

I have been offered ?700 by a collector...now thats what I call a bargin!!

D

Dave Lindsay

my best bargin was the wife 2 pints of dry blackthorne and a curry why a fishing bargin well she makes the best packed lunch on the bank bless her..and she dosent mind my extra frezzer in the house for my dead baits

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
G reg Ford Granada bought this summer for the sole purpose of driving up the side of Broadwater lake in the colne valley. I paid ?500 for the car. With the rear seats folded down it holds an enormous amount of kit, the boat sits on the roof a treat and I'm not bothered about the scratches and mud that it gets covered in.

A real bargain.

A

andrew jackson

My mate a few years back got a pair of shimano gt3000 baitrunners brand new. He used them a few time then decided he had made a mistake and would have been better with the 4000 size reels. He promptly went and bought a pair of these, and sold me his brand new 3000s for ?50. I still use them now, for close to mid range, top buy.