Barton Court Fishery, Berkshire

barbelboi

Reaction score
Is this survey in respect of the trout fishing or when they open to coarse anglers in October?

Not fished it (coarse) for two years, caught out by two bad winters - are the grayling still comming on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
It's the coarse lake mainly, I would suspect, but comment as you feel. We do have fly fishing members on here as well.

BTW, I corrected your spelling a little, sorry. It's COARSE when it refers to coarse fish and COURSE when it's a golf course or in the saying 'of course'.

This, and other fisheries you will see popping up on your threads, is to get people commenting more on the fishing opportunities around you. Later we will bring in the Atlas and link it all in, I expect.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Of course - pardon my lapse - I might not be as jet lagged as Ron but I was on the bank at 5.30 this morning.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Fished the lake a few times when it first opened, had some Tench and a few Roach, nothing big in size. Not fished it for years so cant say if it is anygood or not.

As for the river fishing, well IMO it is finished, the big Roach, Dace, Perch and Grayling seem to have gone, still the odd good fish but not in the numbers as years gone by.
Pike fishing is good, and there are the odd carp also.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Fished the lake a few times when it first opened, had some Tench and a few Roach, nothing big in size. Not fished it for years so cant say if it is anygood or not.

As for the river fishing, well IMO it is finished, the big Roach, Dace, Perch and Grayling seem to have gone, still the odd good fish but not in the numbers as years gone by.

There is one 'problem' if you trot bread (I'm sure nobody would trot lobs) you tend to catch lot of out of season trout.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro

I agree. The big roach either died or went into the lake with the bream & the big dace/perch seemed to vanish.The grayling seem to be getting smaller & smaller.:eek:mg:

I've no doubt there is still the odd big true roach in there [among the hybrids] but the last few times I fished it it was an event to catch any roach let alone a big one. Its had it IMO. I dont fish there any more and I loved the place.