Bax farm Fishery Sittingbourne dead or alive

paul80

Reaction score
Hi all

Anyone know if the bax farm fishery near sittingbourne is still open or closed.

Their website appears to have been hijacked by some financial scam site.

I know one of the owners was murdered a couple of years ago but heard nothing locally about them closing.

Is it still open or closed now.

Thanks

Paul

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was there a couple of weeks ago delivering something to Fishplate42, very much a going concern. The new owners have been busy developing the fishery with carp anglers in mind. For me they've spoilt the stream stocking it with F1s to cater for the match boys......fair enough but not for me.

brianemb

Reaction score
It is now called The Willows Angling Centre and has a website under that name.

They have done a lot of work on the specimen lake and stocked new fish but I usually fish the stream although haven't been for quite some time now.

fishplate42

Reaction score
My! tempus fugit. It was back in April that I was at Bax farm! Now trading as The Willows Angling Centre. Bax Farm was the first place I fished back in September 2014. Since then it has had a lot of work done to the lakes and they have even dug a new lake.

first_mirror.jpg

When I was there, back in April, I fished the same lake (Farm Lake) I fished in 2014. Since I was last there the lake has been netted and re-stocked with lots (LOTS) of small fish ready to grow into big fish! They are great fun to catch and I had a brilliant day there just having a bit of fun. You can read more about my day there HERE. The Specimen Lake is really for the carp guys and has lots of big fish to fill your nets. Pan Lake has been stocked with a good cross-section of fish and is intended for the day-ticket, pleasure fishers. The day I was there a bunch of guys, including a few I know, were fishing a match on the stream, they had a good day, as far as I could gather.

The guys who run the place are very friendly and have been developing a really good tackle shop.

I like it and I will be back soon.

Ralph.