Best 10ft carp rods

Molehill

Reaction score
It took me many years to catch my first 'double', which was considered a quality fish then. Mind you, they weren't in every puddle in the ground in those days.
10ft fibreglass rods and 11/2lb test curve were the norm.

Rod & Annette

Reaction score
How big do the carp go in the ponds you plan to fish? Alot of the short carp rods available are like broom handles the Extricators in particular. Sam's reccommendation for the Creeper rods is a good one. They have a mellower action than some of the others. For that length and small waters I would think something of around 2lb 2.25lb would be preferable.

seth49

Reaction score
I have a nine foot version of this rod, like it a lot,caught me a lot of carp as well. The 2,3/4 lb model plenty strong enough.

mikench

Reaction score
Whilst float fishing last Monday with Gordon I caught 13 carp to 8lb using a 10’6” Greys Toreon float rod. We both watched a bloke who set up in the peg between us( but socially distanced) float fishing for carp and whatever else come along with a shortish carp rod with a 50mm butt ring, a waggler float and he held it on his knee. I ve no idea as to the make and tc of the rod but the entire set up looked odd. Each to their own. My carp rods will be used for sea fishing.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a nine foot version of this rod, like it a lot,caught me a lot of carp as well. The 2,3/4 lb model plenty strong enough.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a 9 or10ft scope in 2.25 test. One thing that puts me off is the 40mm but guide, and the size of the others also. I know they are to cut down on frap but I really don't think they're needed most of the time.

mikench

Reaction score
I can’t see them being an improvement on your 11’ avons and smuggler rods Ian. The large butt rings and duplon handle really puts me off carp rods.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can’t see them being an improvement on your 11’ avons and smuggler rods Ian. The large butt rings and duplon handle really puts me off carp rods.

They're a bit more powerful Mike. The ones I looked at have cork handles and fuji gold label reel seats.....just those guides are a passion killer.

seth49

Reaction score
Just had a look at my Nash dwarf rod, and it’s the 2 1/4 lb test curve one, so a bit lighter than I said, doesn’t matter though, still a good rod.

mikench

Reaction score
Ian I'm sure you have loads of carp rods but you are welcome to borrow mine. The 11' Cub Outcast small water rod is 2.25tc and is described as perfect for margin and floater fishing. You can borrow it for as long as you like and see if such a rod is suitable for barbel in tight conditions. It has a 25mm butt ring.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ian I'm sure you have loads of carp rods but you are welcome to borrow mine. The 11' Cub Outcast small water rod is 2.25tc and is described as perfect for margin and floater fishing. You can borrow it for as long as you like and see if such a rod is suitable for barbel in tight conditions. It has a 25mm butt ring.

Your a gent Mike, that's very good of you....good on ya bud :).
I think i'll just give a 9ft amorphous salmon spin rod a go first, it might be spot on for the jobs I have in mind.

Pikerwoods

Reaction score
I recently brought a pair of 10ft 2.75tc Free Spirit CTX rods, lovely action ideal for all of my carp fishing on the small waters I now fish. Got them from The Tackle Box, Dartford.