BFS Perch Fishing Mayhem!

bailpy6

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hope you're all well! New video uploaded on my channel! Heading out on a local river to do some BFS Fishing for Perch, and it was an insane few hours in the morning I had! A great fun session! Hope you enjoy, subscribe if you do! :)

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hope you're all well! New video uploaded on my channel! Heading out on a local river to do some BFS Fishing for Perch, and it was an insane few hours in the morning I had! A great fun session! Hope you enjoy, subscribe if you do! :)

Glad you had such a productive session, I'm also enjoying a lot of success with similar tactics. I think one big difference between your approach and mine is the amount of weight used. Typically I use Texas weights of 0.9g, stepping up to 1.8g in deeper water or if I have to deal with flowing water or windy conditions. When you add in the weight of the lure itself the outfit you're using should be able to cast okay with a lighter weight.
One of the benefits I've found in using less weight is that it's easier to twitch lures along the bottom simply by moving the rod tip and then allowing it to straighten. You're always in direct contact with the weight and it's easy to feel and see when a perch hits the lure. I'm mainly using 0-5g and 2-7g rods - depending on how much weight I need for the conditions.