big pit reels

A

Andy Bird

i'm on the look out for a set of big reels,i have a budget of about ?80 to ?100 for each reel but i'm in a bit of a dilema about which one's to go for emblems ,giants or the new quantums can anybody help.

N

Neil Wayte

Go for the older style emblems like 5500 T which are tried and tested.You will also be able to save a few quid because you can pick these up for about ?60.

A

Andy Bird

thanks neil i'll have a look at those.there is this nagging doubt in the back of my mind about the lack of a baitrunner though. is this easily overcome? ,i don't really like the idea of fiddling about with conversions or having to tighten up the clutch. you see i have only ever fished for carp with baitrunners so i'm not sure if i will get on without them,and as it will be a long time before i can upgrade again i want to make the right choice .

J

Jake Lewis

Emblems, Emblems, Emblems. Forget the others,'cos for value and performance you can't beat 'em. Don't bother with baitrunner conversions,they are totally unnecessary. I am extremely absent minded but it took me no time at all to adjust to fishing off the clutch. Once you realise how easy it is with a good clutch(far superior to the Shimano Baitrunner I promise you,)you'll wonder what we all needed a baitrunner for in the first place. Trust me, these reels are excellent.
Regards, Jake.

C

Carp Angler

I have the Penn 70's and fish these off the clutch, it is very easy to pick up and I swap between these and my baitrunners with regularity.

A

Andy Bird

thanks everybody iv'e decided on the emblem x's
i'll let you know how i get on.

D

David Will

Got to add that Biomaster GT'S 7000 or 8000 have been 100% reliable for me. Right price too. Try Brentwood Angling.

P

Paul Williams

How many use them as a fashion item rather than a fishing tool? i was on a water only 40ft wide in places a few weeks back and the carpers were using buckets there!!!!!!