Big rudd

P

Paul Williams

I have been lucky enough over the years to catch a few big fish of most species, at least coarse fish anyway,
i have never caught a big rudd though and i would like to!!
If you don't ask you don't get, so here go's!
Do any of you guys know a water that holds big rudd (2lb+) within say 100 miles of the Midlands?
Mail me private if you prefer.

R

Ron Clay

Yes, Three Lakes at Selby East Yorks. I've had them to 2 lbs and carp anglers have occasionally taken them to 3 pounds plus. They are very spooky however and take some catching. The best ones I have had have been on floating casters.

S

sam oddy

I think Matt Hayes used to catch them from Elstow Pits in Bedfordshire. Failing that a holiday in Ireland appears in order!

A

Andy Thatcher

Martin Bowler fished there as well.

How about 15 miles north of Melton, where the fish in was ? It is 90 acres but I have had 2's from there.

There is a place near Milton Keynes that I am going to try for rudd during the day whilst catfishing. I have seen good fish top but haven't seen one on the bank yet.

D

Dave Johnson

there are three nice 3lb plus rudd mounted on the wall above the fire of the Swan at Whiston near Penkridge Paul, just down the road from you....
not sure what you would catch em on though...
helpfully yours
Chub

C

Carp Angler

Andy Thatcher said
"There is a place near Milton Keynes that I am going to try for rudd during the day whilst catfishing. I have seen good fish top but haven't seen one on the bank yet."

What lake do you catfish Andy?

I'm off to Jones tonight :eek:)

P

Paul Williams

Thanks everyone including those who mailed me private....i believe the Elstow rudd are dying out now, mores the pity!

E

Eddy Garrett

Dents farm fishery at Hilgay in west Norfolk holds a lot of big rudd. I have taken them to 3lb 4oz on floating casters.

A

Andy Thatcher

Woburn Sands. Have been giving a half hearted go last year or two but I am fairly determined to give it a go this year.