Big Swordsy's Michael Jackson Memorial Trent Fish-in...Shamoan!!!Whoohoooo!

Reaction score
TOO RIGHT! WHAT ABOUT THE CHUFFIN CAPS?

Look, stop rubbing it, you'll just make it worse.

Spiders isn't coming either he's got a cold. It's the same cold he gets when it looks like some work might be on the horizon, so it must be pretty bad.

Paul B

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're not well and can't make it Graham. And we were so looking forward to your tribute to Jacko with renditions of "bad", "thriller" and "don't stop 'til you get enough" :D

Port, stilton and carrs water biscuits in the bag Chaps.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Get well soon Boss, hope it's cleared up in time for Clatterecote, would hate to have to win by default ;)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Right I'll definately be there. What time are we starting to congregate?

I'm aiming to stay overnight (hundled under my brolly) but will be bringing a reasonable supply of Hogs Back Brewery's finest Autumn Ale, a few pints of which could be bartered in exchange for some hot coffee, bacon sarnies etc etc!

Looking forward to it!

:D

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Right, hello, anyone in??

I'm confused (is that your deliberate plan?). Do I head for the end of Carlton Ferry Lane where it disappears into the Trent or do I turn off before there???

What time???

If I end up on some God forsaken hirtherto unknown stretch of another midlands river, I've got 40 pints of Real Ale to get through!

:p

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Well we're back
40 pints of real ale less - thanks Neil
The Saturday afternoon port and stilton solcial event went well -so much so I had a small 2 hour pre evening kip

To those that made it - great to meet old friens and new and to those who didn't make it - you missed some great fishing:wh

just finished theport and having another pre evening lie down

Reaction score
you missed some great fishing

M'lud

less of the dissembling...word has already got out re the quality of the fishing...as good as the quality of Portsmouth's results this season!!

Sneeky of Mr. Swords to lead you to a foaming laundry instead of the Trent.

However glad to hear that the finest traditions of the PaSC were maintained....any likely new members...the treasurer is saying we're short of funds again...it's his private medical bills apparently.

Sorry to have missed renewing old friendships and making new ones...but in terms of the fishing it sounds like the day in the Chest Unit was the better option....the nurses ...ah the nurses..

Poshers

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I'm back! Yes it was a bit of a grueller, but the beer was excellent. Being an oik I didn't partake of the port, but I did think Corkers port and starboard tip lights werethe bees knees!

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Report to follow!

Reaction score
Oh what bad luck........don't bother claiming the record...Spiders winkled out a 13lber from the Mersey..Sunday evening.......the blokes with the meths and cider bottles camping out under the road bridge seemed very plausible witnesses!!!!

(Mind you they bore a more than passing resemblance to 3 chaps I've come across at certain care home.....and that woman in the greatcoat drinking the brasso and embrocation slammers....name sounded a bit like Cratchitt.....no couldn't be....must be the drugs I'm on...lack of oxygen.....)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Friday night's meal was a fine repast Poshers

Young Corky cooked, lamb stakes in rosemary and garlic, cos cos, and corgettes (those small green things can't spell, and all wash down with a SA red.

Very nice