Big Swordsy's Michael Jackson Memorial Trent Fish-in...Shamoan!!!Whoohoooo!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Friday night's meal was a fine repast Poshers

Young Corky cooked, lamb stakes in rosemary and garlic, cos cos, and corgettes (those small green things can't spell, and all wash down with a SA red.

Very nice

Cous-cous on Friday night, and he wonders where it all comes from, look no further you silly boy.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Poshers - my dace was even bigger - had to get Piky Paul to land it for me

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

I know about the 3lb chub from Hewers...what was t'other?

Would that be the Hewers who pretened he had to work on Saturday so he didn't have to come to the Trent- then couldn't come Sunday because ,and I quote "I have to buy new shoes for work"

BTW Did any one else think PikyPaul looked like Dara O'Brian of "Mock the Week" fame?

Paul B

Reaction score
Ta Big Swordsy!

Had a fine time as usual. Thanks to John and Terry for pre-baiting the swim for me :) and the hemp, caster and worm supplies. Had a couple out saturday morning.

The beer was top notch Neil, look forward to seeing it on the shelves up north!

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Well lads, I stayed until 4 o'clock and continued my success with a perfect blank, not a single bite all weekend. I might have had one on saturday evening but couldn't be sure of that.
The mutt loved her time on the bank and was asking only last night if we could do it again. Sod off ya *****! :) ( won't let me type the short version of biatch)

I should have listened to Lee.

I should have listened to Lee................................. :)

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Despite Hewitt failing to turn up and therefore depriving me of a bedchair and bivvy and therefore forcing me to sleep on damp grass out in the open, I quite enjoyed the experience!

Even when it's half empty, the Trent is still a big river but I managed OK with my 9ft 6wt fly rod. Couldn't quite get the presentation right but at least the continual casting kept me warm!

Good to meet Paul again (although I can't figure out who was who)!

:p

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Sorry I havent replied before now but I have had "Log-In" problems

I was absolutely gutted that more people did not catch fish, really choked.

The river is not in good form at the moment as it is so very very low...The fish have packed up together and it is a case of feast or famine.

I would have had a stroll down but the upper pegs attract some unsavoury types and my gear could not be relied on to still be there when I got back to it.

Next time we will do the A1 Pits section which allows for everyone to park behind their pegs.

again my apologies to all those that blanked....

even though I caught 17 including one double

and that is not counting the bream....

*very sheepish look

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

I did say fish pegs 10-30

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Dont mention rain, you'll have Spiller crying and attempting Ron's rain dance again :)

Pft! 17 fish and unsavoury types all in one small area. You sure know how to make us southerners feel welcome :)