Big Swordsy's Michael Jackson Memorial Trent Fish-in...Shamoan!!!Whoohoooo!

Reaction score
Swordsy asked me to post this in the forum for him because he is a bit slow with these new fangled computerthingies and hasn't got to grips with the new FM.

Join Trent regular, Lee Swords for a session on the Trent at Collingham.

Weekend 26th and 27th September 2009.

All welcome. Come for the whole weekend or for one of the days if you wish.

Day tickets are £5 per day and available from the Bailiff on the bank.

Just add your name to this thread if you're interested and the details will be sorted later.

This event is listed on the FM Calandar - those people that already expressed an interest in this event on old FM are listed on the calander.

The Trent is on form, so who's up for it then?

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Lee Swords
Matt Corker
Paul Howarth
Lord Paul
Posh Paul
Neil Maidment
Nigel Connor
Grumpy Git
Geoff Cowen
Paul B
Bubbles The Chimp + Friend
Granville Marsdin and his BRAND NEW FM CAPS
Krian + the bread knife
Mark Hewitt (Captain Trousers)
Bryan Baron
Critter
Muffin
Sean Meeghan

Last edited:

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score
I presume that its ok to camp out on the river? If so, and if its open to FM newbies then hopefully myself and the better half will be attending. Though if someone could provide directions from Collingham railway station it would be appreciated.

Nathan

Reaction score
I'd love to go but its a bit too far north for me (especially without a car). I'll hopefully get to go to my first fish-in soon, i want an FM cap!

Reaction score
I recon it's about a 2.5 hr drive for you Nathan - it takes me about 2.

It would take you a lot longer to walk probably.

How about organising a fish in somewhere near you? That way you'll get to one.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I'd love to go but its a bit too far north for me (especially without a car). I'll hopefully get to go to my first fish-in soon, i want an FM cap!

Nathan - FM cap are not just "Given out" at fish ins certain "Favours" have to be undertaken to recieve a cap or caps denote a certain act whilst at a fish in

Black cap - carrying an older FM member's gear to the swim

Blue cap - Buying senior FM members a round i nthe pub

Red - Tucking Ron in at night and making sure he doesn't wander of naked

Green - Producing a alrge wad of cash for GM

Pink- Being found sharing a sleeping bag with another FM member

White with a big D on it - Port spillage

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score

Nathan, my partner and I are carless too, but we're planning on catching a coach up to nottingham (£5) and then a train to collingham (£4.60) which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the petrol cost anyway. At 2km from the station we'll probably both walk to the site from there, or maybe catching a taxi, but being fairly close to transport hubs its not too bad to get up there.

Might be worth while checking out if you want to go.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Krian,

If you can get to collingham station, I sure somone will drive up from the river and pick you up (I will if I'm there at the time you arrive). Collingham train line, to the riverside is 'walkable', But I would'nt want to do it carrying my tackle.......... Its far enough to some of the swims from the car park!!!!!
;)

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I couldn't justfy brining a 'chopper' to the fish-in, not with the well documented shortages on the frount line....;)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I will be there. Its been a while since i visited the Trent.

Checked out the calander and set the reminder but it will only remind you upto 3 days this could do with being made to go to 2 weeks if any of the tec guys are reading this.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
That's a shame Mark, I'd quite like to have been air-lifted in. verything else in fishing seems to be emulating the military theme what with camo and the odd names given to rods and poles.

Maybe a swim-hopper, Bond-style 'chopper' is on Daiwa's drawing board as we speak.

I'm hoping to get there Friday evening, I'll probably aim for the top end where you can park behind your peg, I'm a lazy sod when it comes to barrows of kit.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

And it means that I can keep an eye on my car after seeing those chavs on Lee's Collingham video.