Biggest Barbel

Ginger

Reaction score
Am i right in thinking that the two heaviest barbel recorded were both caught on the River Ouse? Where was the next heaviest fish caught and at what weight?

Ginger

Reaction score
Are most rivers producing their best barbel this season and if so do you think they have now peaked or do you think weights will continue to rise?

njb51

Reaction score
With the amount of quality baits going in i reckon we have not seen the top weight for a barbel yet.

T

Tony Rocca

There are many who think/know that the biggest barbel caught in this land came from the Trent earlier this season.

T

Tony Rocca

Bigger than 21.6, so they say, but I wouldnt know would I, and if I did maybe I couldnt say.

N

NottmDon

Heard that one myself Tony but it was reputed to be a 22, if it was caught then its absolutely amazing,if its just another bit of folklore its still a bloody good yarn! It will be nice to see some more Trent barbus barbus before the end of the season. This recent cold snap seems to have put a lot of anglers off which is a shame as the chub are almost throwing themselves on the hook lol :)

Paul. Owens

Reaction score
Yep I too have heard of this fish, in fact there were two that were caught from the same stretch both bigger than the traveller. Both caught by carp anglers on the Trent. And they are supposed to be genuine!!!!!!!!

N

NottmDon

Stop it Paul all this talk of big Trenties is no good for my blood pressure!Next time I bump into you it will be noticed that I will be set up for carp fishing just to fool the next 20plusser that Im not interested in catching it :)

Paul. Owens

Reaction score
Hi Don
How are you keeping? I've not been down your way for a few weeks with christmas and all that cold weather. Have you been catching them all??