Bigswordsy shows his 15 foot Fox rods to the world and proclaims..There is a God

Reaction score
Floody hell that was hard fishing but worth the journey for Saturday's sunset alone.

Let's try again later in the year when normal weather has taken over.

Lee, I have the feeders and weights you kindly lent to Jim. I'll pop them in the post when I have a mo.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Indeed that was hard work. The river must have risen 5ft while we were there (on top of the 5ft of extra water we had at the start). Poor old Adam ran out of bank to sleep on!

The sunset was fantastic (hopefull Lee has some good pictures of that).

Lee Swords

Reaction score
No! they were a gift!

I came round this morning but you were asleep.

(same as yesterday!)

I will send you some pictures to use

E

Eric Hayes

First off I would like to thank Lee for the boilies. Your gonna have to change your name to Lee Santa-clause Swords mate. Up and down the bank all day handing out presents from your sack. Whats all that about? :0)

We pegged in the 60's & It was bloody hard going, I managed a snotty of about 4lb and an Eel for my hard work. Lee Mochan the guy I was with got 5 barbel the best about 8ish. Well done mate but I still say your doing something your not telling me!... ;o)

It was nice to have met some more FM members. I for one Can't wait to read the write up.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i hope thats not what was in those plastic bags i kept catching ? !.

fished just down from the wier (28 i think) just a short walk from the carpark , lost a few leads / feeders on the rocks.

the ony thing i caught was 3 plastic bags ,1 log ,a branch And two of the biggest black beetles just inside the doorway when i got up at 4.30 i chucked them out on their ears (if they have any) and told them strait "get your own damed tent,effin freeloaders"

it was a bit off a damp squid of a weekend ,their was a few of us FM members turned up , if nothing else i got to meet them.so worth going just for that.

I think a couple of guys caught well early on saturday morning,but then the whole place switched off.The water level came up quite a bit by midnight.sunday morning it was raining when i got up so as most of my gear was in my tent i pack up and waited for a lull in the rain then left.

Reaction score
You're a gent Lee, I'm seeing Jim again in a couple of weeks on the Severn so I'll take them along for him.

My deadline for the article is Thursday so i'll email you a few details tomorrow eve and give you a quick bell on Wednesday just to run through it and check it's accurate.

Many thanks

I reckon I took about 50 snaps of that sunset, it just kept getting better and better and just when you thought it had peaked it turns the river blood red...what a finale!

CRITTER

Reaction score
Lee i had a top time. shame about the water level but im not moaning i had two carp and some barbel, 1 bream.
met some of the f.m boys and totaly enjoyed fishing next to you and Matt.
glad i bailed when i did as the water was rising quick and peg 1 was no more.
cant wait for the next trent meeting
and cant wait to read the write up .
one thing though i hope you dont put a bit about me wrestling with my bivy in the wind!:)

S

Sean Meeghan

And I thought that bivvy wrestling was a new olympic sport!

Blanked next to Eric and Lee.

That was blanked!!!!!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Dan, Adam ended up on that hump of gravel and was cut off when he woke up! It came up another 2ft or so after you left.

CRITTER

Reaction score
glad i made the move when i did as i would have had to move my gear in a short space of time if i hadnt.
how did it fish after i left matt?

G

Geoff Cowen

I did make it briefly and manage to say hello to a couple of the lads. I didn't manage to catch, broke the tip off one of my x-flite before I even managed to cast out, got soaking wet and covered in mud but glade I made the effort I think?

CRITTER

Reaction score
nice to of met you(at the stile )
Geoff the weather on friday was not to good i got soaked walking to my peg!
but whats a wetting compaired to fishing?

Reaction score
Nice to meet up and have a chat Geoff. Sorry to hear that things didn't improve after the broken tip! I caught an eel and a lot of flood debris...

Hopefully we can get another fish-in together this year in more conducive catching conditions!

Lee, you have email. Hope you like the finished article :)