billing aquadrome summer social

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Ive just had a short 36 hr session on the Billing Aquadrome marina (free fishing allegedly) and I was impressed with the fishing.

The area I fished was immediately behind the Premier Inn on crow road, also in the immediate area were two pubs, a chinese restaurant, a chippy, a garage and a shop. There is also great shopping for the spouses a few miles down the road and in Northampton. The venue has excellent road access M1 junc 15 then A45 for 10 mins.

Anyway here is my suggestion, How about a 48 hr FM Social ?

We could turn up on day one and fish the Marina or ponds/lakes/river nearby and then meet at the Quays pub (attached to Prem Inn) at 2000hrs for a social then have breakfast the next morning and venture out to venues in the surrounding area and fish the next day anywhere you like. Big Nick is one of the local venue experts, especially on the Nene.

The onus is on the social in a non fishing environment.

If we get a good response I am happy to organise stuff and book rooms etc. What do you think ? whos up for it and we need to agree on a weekend.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
blimy nearly 24 hours later and only one reply. No wonder FM has lost its magic. Does no one want to go fishing anymore ? Have we just become a website for jokers and threads about normal everyday life.

I was desperately trying to get one of our juniors to come back to the site earlier this evening but what is the point, he was right in everything he told me. Im not surprised.

Trev last post.....

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Give the thread a chance trev. Not everyone is watching 24/7. I for one have only just seen this thread, and I would be up for it at Billing ,good idea, and nice and central.....

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Methinks Trev's point would be that the thread is now over a month old.

I'd be interested. 40 years and more since I fished Billing, met Billy Lane there.

Come on folks.......

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I would be very interested depending on dates as a fairly central venue for me, well as central as anywhere can be when you live in Norfolk.

preston96

Reaction score
I think the cost of fuel etc is one thing that puts folk off commiting to fishins so much nowadays......i have been on a few and they aint a cheap weekend.

With some thought i think they could kick off again, perhaps a thread on what anglers would want to do would be good?

Central UK is always good, tho i don't know if Billing is a real good choice in all honesty.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I was fishing with Trev today and he touched upon this thread while we were chatting away.
I for one would be intrested,esp as i only live 30 mins away from billing !!!
I will text him and see what prevails.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I'm up for any fish-ins but I can't do weekends coz I have to work.

This always means I get stuck with having to fish weekdays at deserted fisheries where all the best swims are still available and no yobbos with their pants hanging down to their knees want to cast over my lines. Sigh. It's alright for you lot!