Blenheim : Final agenda

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Thanks Skippy for all the hard work, you're definately a fully paid up member of the FM Organisers Club. :cool:

Great venue, company and campsite. Iffy curry that hit just the right spot (several times), amazing variation of overnight accomodation ranging from a simply palatial motor home to a bit of plastic thrown over a couple of sticks.

Dave C's. Lexus radio at full volume Sunday morning was just what the campsite needed. Thanks for the early morning wake up Roger/Jimmy (you know you can't close car doors quietly so why try!) :D And Ray, yes that blonde did have very long hair - beautiful - but I told her on Saturday night, when she left my tent, you wouldn't be interested, hope that was OK?:wh

Graham and Ed being rammed by two reprobates in a boat (how cosy was that?) :D. And then they were adrift with one oar and a flaming motor battery..... absolutely priceless. :D

Graham W. showing Scott how to catch - an omen for the Aces vs Chavs if there ever was one.

Nigel and I managed to sit it out for over 8 hours before I suggested we head for the boathouse. At which point he hooked a very decent tench! I then secured another tench via it's backside and not to be out done, Nigel added a lump of a bream! :eek:

Superb, what FM is all about.

IMG_7276.jpg

IMG_7275.jpg

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
John king had a tench about that same size Neil, 4lbs we guessed, but why is yours so dark and all the fish (well just 1 for me) we caught were so pale? The roach looked anemic, the perch I caught had hardly any stripes and that tench of John's looked like it had been for a blonde rinse.

Weird, but I put it down the all the suspended algae, wasn't like that last year.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Thank you Gentlemen....your kind words are most welcome. I would do it again but I have learned the hard way to pay attention to Ray who is much wiser in the ways of the Fish-In than I.

Despite it being borderline freezing, the fishing "challenging" and the crayfish driving my bosun,Big Phil,nuts [he must have had 40+ of the damned things]...it is such a lovely place to fish I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was good to meet a few people I'd not met before and to see the usual suspects in full,glorious flow.

Thanks especially to Ray who lent me a luxurious bivvy,sleeping bag & fleece cover that kept me as warm as toast while he slummed it in a kiddies play tent with The Infamous Torquay Pirate.....Blackfart Giddy.

I had around a dozen very anaemic looking perch,a bream of around 5lb and lost two tench. Had I landed the tench I would have considered it a fair return on a hard day.

Looking forward to the next one already though I will pay a bit more attention to my SatNav settings next time. I knew something was up when 15 minutes after leaving Blenheim it said it was still 29 miles to the campsite and would take over an hour....I dunno where I was going other then completely the wrong way up the A34 !

Skippy

Last edited:
S

Scott Whatmore

Thanks Skippy for all the hard work, you're definately a fully paid up member of the FM Organisers Club. :cool:

Great venue, company and campsite. Iffy curry that hit just the right spot (several times), amazing variation of overnight accomodation ranging from a simply palatial motor home to a bit of plastic thrown over a couple of sticks.

Dave C's. Lexus radio at full volume Sunday morning was just what the campsite needed. Thanks for the early morning wake up Roger/Jimmy (you know you can't close car doors quietly so why try!) :D And Ray, yes that blonde did have very long hair - beautiful - but I told her on Saturday night, when she left my tent, you wouldn't be interested, hope that was OK?:wh

Graham and Ed being rammed by two reprobates in a boat (how cosy was that?) :D. And then they were adrift with one oar and a flaming motor battery..... absolutely priceless. :D

Graham W. showing Scott how to catch - an omen for the Aces vs Chavs if there ever was one.

Nigel and I managed to sit it out for over 8 hours before I suggested we head for the boathouse. At which point he hooked a very decent tench! I then secured another tench via it's backside and not to be out done, Nigel added a lump of a bream! :eek:

Superb, what FM is all about.

IMG_7276.jpg

IMG_7275.jpg

See Nigel, I knew rowing directly over your swim would stir up the fish :wh

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Thanks for organising the day Skippy. Weather was cold, especially when that wind whipped across the point we were on. We had a good laugh though.

Thanks for the loan of the motor and battery Ray, even though the battery cables caught fire and I nearly had a thrombie punting back to the peg against the wind with one oar and half the lake laughing at me.:mad:

And all I caught was small roach and perch.:(

J K

Reaction score
Many thanks Skippy for organising the day. It was great to meet a few of the old faces again and to put faces to names of a lot more. Only decent fish I had was a very anaemic Tench.

Once again thanks very much. :w :w

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Great weekend, some new faces around which is always good for the fish in's. Thanks Skippy for the day, but your sat nav must have a women inside with a map upside down, bin it mate, it's Shi*e.

To Steve & Wendi for the party, my sides are killing me still. To the TWO blonde's, ( Paula & Soph) sorry you couldn't join the party, but thats your fault for going on a 10k run Sunday morning, and Niel, how did you get your blow up doll to walk out your tent so it looked like you had pulled :wh:D.

To Slime, each year your tent gets smaller, this year only a SMURF could walk into it, thats fine for Graham Marsden and Ed, they are 3foot 12inches, i'm 6 foot. How the hell we managed to sleep in there i dont know, yet i had a bivvy as big as spillers in the car as well, next time, I am on top...............;bp

Radio Uncle Dave was something else, and Spiders walking round in his pants, isn't a sight for anyone at any time of day. The wind during the night was strong, thanks to Slime, Spiders, Uncle Dave, and myself, and to Grumpy who is the only man I know, who can Snore so loud you can hear him 40 yards away.

Next year end of August should be fine

Muffin

Reaction score
Another offering of thanks for Pirate Skippy for the organisdation and to everyone else who made it such an enjoyable weekend.

Special thanks to Grumpy who rowed his younger companion around the lake all day, much appreciated and helped stop some Titanic style event on our particualr boat, as my rowing is not the best!

Very much enjoyed the end of evening 'party' in Steve's Sauna tent, have not laughed that much for ages.

Look forward to the next one :)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Who's doing the write up then ? Is there a special template or something ? Or shall I quit now while I'm in front and not hurtling towards Swindon:eek:

I would have gone to the after show party at Spillfellows but once I got into that sleeping bag I couldn't get out again...literally.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
had a great day out and apart from only catching a few washed out skimmers and micro perch I thoroughly enjoyed the day. I was knackered when I got home but felt good enough to neck a few lagers.
Sunday morning I woke at the alarm at 5am, off down the M4 to London W. got to Chiswick roundabout around 6am and the south circular was closed southbound and diversion signs took me back on the M4 towards Heathrow.
Missed the draw for our match at Kew bridge, and totally peed off I finally got down the steps onto the Thames tidal with my gear about 7:30.am.
1 bream for 2lb10 end of.....
Set off home at 1pm and the M4 was chocker, finally got home about 4pm (less than 20 miles) woke up this morning.................

Last edited:

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
Yes, thanks to all involved. A great day in a beautiful place with a couple of decent kippers to boot.Not sure Bibby and Marsbar should be let loose in a boat again though!