Bob Horngold....

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bob Horngold was a member of FM amongst some other forums and I had many a private conversation with him. I knew he had some health isssues but I though he had resolved them.
Ufortunately he mustn't have completely recovered as i've just noticed on facebook that he has passed away.

RIP Bob.

Reaction score
Blimey,I was only talking to a guy a few weeks ago who was a close friend of his.....RIP

sam vimes

Reaction score
I saw it on Faceache last night. Though I thought it would be true, I had no way of corroborating it as a fact. I didn't fancy posting it on here when I knew some folks actually knew him properly. If no one has shot it down by now, I suppose it must be true. Shame.

john step

Reaction score
Oh thats sad. He was a good angler and a well known and a liked character in the Lee Valley.

lambert1

Reaction score
I remember him posting some time ago. Sad loss to the brotherhood. RIP Bob.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I saw it on Faceache last night. Though I thought it would be true, I had no way of corroborating it as a fact. I didn't fancy posting it on here when I knew some folks actually knew him properly. If no one has shot it down by now, I suppose it must be true. Shame.

That did cross my mind Chris, pity it hadn't been a hoax though.
It was only a few years ago, I remember him being very happy about getting a Chris Lythe reel.

I used to think the saying "lifes a bitch and then you die" was just a joke, but I think it has more than a ring of truth to it!

chevin4

Reaction score
Sad news I didnt know him but always enjoyed his articles in The Perchfishers Mag

Aknib

Reaction score
Very saddened to hear of this.

I know Bob was a very good multi-species angler but it was his Perch exploits which truly inspired me and by which I will fondly remember him.

R.I.P.

Reaction score
Steve,his mate I talked about travelled a colossal amount of miles chasing big perch,he is a bailiff at Fishers Green...