Bobber stopper

toadiscoil

Reaction score
Hi there,

After battling with casting a lengthy line due to a bobber, I ended up changing to a slip bobber. I have yet to try it due to weather but I was able to prepare my rig. I just want to make sure I am doing this the right way. I purchased a slip bobber and dogbone (two eyes) bobber stoppers. I read to thread it through one day, then to give a few turns to avoid slipping and then getting the line through the other eye. I threaded it three turns and it stays in place really well. Just wanted to know if this is how I should be doing it and if I won't experience any casting issues when the stopper goes through the rings of the rod.

Of course after the stopper I used a bead and then the bobber. Then I like to use a swivel so I don't have to keep on making knots if I change hook sizes. For hooks I like to use snells because then I can easily swap out different hook sizes as needed. I am fishing with live worms and for small fish on ponds mostly. I bought a new rod and reel to setup for bass fishing and plastic worms but that's still on the mail :)

Cheers,

Javier

keora

Reaction score
If you are fishing with worms for small fish, then the float and set up shown in the PAC GB fact sheet is a bit too heavy. Here we would replace the dumpy pike float with a thin float, about 8 to 10”, attached at the bottom.