Boddington 2021?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Yes Gordon, 17° to 21 with a gentle easterly breeze from the left hand side..
Hopefully the wind direction will not put the bigger roach off feeding.
I’m planning on fresh casters to tempt them. (Along with maggots, hemp and tares)
Not too sure how an east wind affects the tow on the water; this will be my first visit without a south westerly wind causing a left to right tow on the carpark bank.
That towing effect, causing a float fished bait to be dragged along the bottom definitely attracts the better roach to chase it before snaffling it confidently…
A static bait ( anchored by weight ) may appear odd as it sits resistant to ltow although Steve’s big roach (1lb) last visit, was on a small feeder..
I imagine the level will be quite low due to a few months boat traffic on the nearby canal, this may make pole fishing (extremely effective when fished from the top step) @ 16m, impossible.
My best match result there was on a wet, windy day in March 2015 12lb of big roach on 3.5gr bodied waggler dragging double red maggot along the bottom in the tow. Came 2nd beaten by 10oz (1 roach).

CCF2433A-1AFF-4086-B88D-FA621D1647B1.jpeg

Last edited:

peter crabtree

Reaction score
A friend of mine fished a Woolston Legion Match on there yesterday.
He came 3rd with 155lb.
Had 4 fish on the method feeder, all thecrest on pellet waggler.

Yawn..lol. Don’t need to drive 70miles to catch parrot mouthed carp!
I only used to go if it was a silvers only match…

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I’m in. I was almost killed last time on the way there. Very windy and raining and the roof air deflector on a truck blew off as it was coming the the other way down the motorway. I just managed to stop in front of it as it landed in the outside lane of the motorway. Stationary on the outside lane isn’t where you want to ever be. I waited for the crunch of cars but had a very fortunate escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john step

Reaction score
Has anyone got a postcode for my satnav for where we are meeting ?
Do we need keepnets ,?
The local village is Byfield. There is a petrol station at 1a High Street Byfield NN11 6XQ. The reservoir doesnt have a post code however.

If you Google maps the above post code and then draw back you will see the water is not that far away.
There is a small double roundabout just before that postcode. If you turn right at the 2nd one it will take you to the reservoir. This is Boddington Road.

Boddington reservoir comes up on Google maps so you can work out how to do the last bit from Byfield.
Alternatively type in NN11 6XU which is the sailing club. Wrong side of res but gets you near enough.

peter crabtree

Reaction score
From Oxford M40 exit at Banbury and take road to daventry A361.
A mile or so before you reach Byfield there’s a left hand turning called the Twistle. Follow this road to a T Junction and turn left. The car park is on your left by the big wind turbine.

Last edited: