Boddington 2021?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Good luck and hope the weather is kind to you all.
Brassed off I can't make it, had my space shuttle loaded since Thursday ready to put in the car.
It would have been my only fishing trip since 16th June.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
The car park from last time is full and coned off, so I have parked in the car parks on the others side of the lake. There is plenty of room here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Doesnt sound good,FM members roaming around the area,lol...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
23F643F5-746F-4B59-8F9A-889E47F13FA3.jpeg

Pete and Steve ..

9A80D2C9-04A1-429C-BF08-E9B7B7000C71.jpeg

Kev and Ray..

john step

Reaction score
A DRY DAY !!!!!!! GENTLE WIND !!!!!!!
Actually a very good fishing day for the 6 of us in roach corner. I would say the stamp was a bit smaller than previous years but we all had several good netters.
I had a purple patch between 2 and 3 with a bite a chuck.
A good natter with the others. Nice to meet( Notts) Kev. Gordon Wetthrough has changed his appearance from previous years with a haircut.
Simon had to leave early as he wasnt feeling too grand. We all wish him the very best.

Steve King

Reaction score
Another enjoyable day! It was up at 7 for Leah and me (an almost unheard of time for Leah during school holidays!) and we managed to depart 15 minutes before our planned departure time! This was fortunate because the car park was almost full when we arrived at Boddington.

After meeting with Pete (John Step), Kev and Gordon (Wet Through) and Simon (Peter Crabtree) we ascended the ramp to the dam wall. I noticed that the trolley was getting easier to pull up the ramp and turned around to find Pete giving it a helping push!

Once at the dam wall Leah and I saw her dad try to drive into the car park and being refused entry by the security guard. I quickly explained that Leah’s dad was only there to collect her and he was then let in. Leah had a good day with her dad and friends at Santa Pod (contrary to popular belief I didn’t leave her locked in the back of the Landy all day! ??)

Ray turned up a little later having had to park in the far car park and walk along the bank. I caught plenty of roach (but none of any great size) plus a few small perch. I lost a decent perch of around a pound or so as I was about to net it and I had brief contact with what I suspect was a carp on an expander pellet.

Unfortunately Simon wasn’t feeling too good and had to leave early and I send him my best wishes.

Last edited:

wetthrough

Reaction score
Good to meet up and see faces old and new yesterday. A very pleasant day weather wise, which was just as well as I'd forgotten my coat!, just a bit of a breeze into our faces more or less but quite manageable with a waggler. Managed 19, mostly swingers with 4 or 5 for the net around the 8oz mark plus countless fingerlings. Not what I was expecting but with three matches going on probably not surprising.

john step

Reaction score
The thing that surprised me was the security officer on guard at the anglers car park. That was probably why the day ticket has gone from £4 to £6. I had heard before from the bailiff that one should not leave anything in the vehicles.
A place in the middle of countryside and near pretty villages.
What a sad state of affairs.

Reaction score
It is indeed,especially when I park in far worse places imo...