Boddington Reservoir

john step

Reaction score
I have been to the above venue a couple of times. Once was for last years fish-in.
Its huge and I never ventured far from the concrete platforms near the car park.

Looking across there appeared to be a more natural bank on the far side. Does anyone know if its fished or if maybe its too boggy or a general dog swimming beach sort of place. Thanks.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Yes you can, there is a feeder pond (nature reserve) the other side of the boathouse which kind of splits the two areas - Boathouse and Woods.

boddy1.jpg

This shows a view from the woods to the road dam wall:

boddy2.jpg

It is a longish walk but on a firm surface (a few ups and downs), although I'm not sure if you are allowed to park in the other car park (people do though). The gate from the car park is made awkward by one of those kissing gate type things, but after that its plain sailing (see what I did there) and a breeze with a trolley.

It's not boggy, and yes dog walkers have been known to leave things behind, but no more than anglers leave there own calling cards, but to be fair, this has vastly improved in recent years. The back of the boathouse is relatively undisturbed by intruders.