Boilie Bans

D

Dave Rothery

i was actually sticking up for you jason, awayne thinking you were an older(and what does that mean?) angler. i'm only a couple of years older than you myself.
poaching goes on all the time, grin and bear it, lifes too short, karma and all that. maybe you got the tactics wrong, and the fish were hanging on the edge of the bait rather than "havin it large" on the bed of bait. always worth fishing one on the edge.

A Wayne

Reaction score
OK OK, I apologise, but please don't refer to it as MY SWIM rather the swim I am obliged to fish as it's the fishery owners swim isn't it?

D

Dave Rothery

so you say to your friends " are you coming around to the swim I am obliged to fish, as it's the fishery owners swim" do you.....? playing word games a little isnt it.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I can't wait for the FM social on the 12th, its gonna be a right scream, everyone will bringing the beer and wine and we're all meeting up in 'the swim I am obliged to fish' for Warrens Barbecue. And guess who i'm thinking of inviting to bring along 'lashings of ginger beer'?

D

Dave Silvers

With regard to Stu Bs point about anglers spodding in 200 boilles into the swim he is obliged to fish - am I just stupid or is this counter productive (thats just a rhetoricle question I don't really want an answer).
Surely the idea is to ATTRACT carp into the swim you are obliged to fish with freebies that don't really fill them up and then let them find the only real food there, your hook bait (or the bait that has been impailed onto a hair that is attached to your hook that is in the swim you are obliged to fish).

D

Dave Rothery

i think it dpends on how many fish your fishing for dave. somewhere like horseshoe (carp society's water) you have 3 or 4 shoals of fish - you are trying to stop something like 150 twenties/shoal swimming past you (thats without the thirties and doubles!). 200 baits wouldn't last a minute if they are in a feeding mood - 10kg wouldnt last much longer, too much competition. but then if you are fishing "for bites" then 10 baits could be 9 too many. how many maggots in a pouchfull? its the same thing. i once saw a guy in a match feeding maggots 2 or 3 at a time. keep them competing. i guess thats where the experience thing comes in (wish i had some!)
its the old problem, they read in a mag that an angler (who probably isnt paying for their bait) fills a lake in and has a few, they think they've got to do the same. when my little'un starts fishing, theres no way i'm letting him take up carping....i dont think i could afford it!

L

Les Clark

Dave S,In my veiw ,you are right, it is counter prouctive,I`m seen this happen on the lake`s I fish,last year over period of say three day`s,bloke "A"will go into a swim,bait up with a couple of hundred bait`s, stay for less than a full day,next bloke will do the same,so over 72hr`s, 3 or 4 bloke`s will pile in 6 to8 hundred bait`s,all thinking that they are the only one`s to do it,and wonder why they are not catching.

D

Dave Silvers

But Dave if they drain the water and tons of rotting baits are on the bottom, then too much is going in.
It's a fair point point you make but it's not waters like Horseshoe that are applying the bollie bans.
BTW which tackle shops sell experience.

Les my point exactly, although I think Dave has got it right with the matching the amount of bait to the numbers of fish.
Now let me get my cheque book out and go and buy some of that experience he talks about.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Is that YOUR cheque book or the one you are obliged to use ........

L

Les Clark

Dave S,yes Dave is right,It`s all down to the water your fishing,the fish out in front of you ,and the pressure on that water,but a lot of angler`s don`t take that into consideration,and just to fish to the same pattern,time and time again,can`t or won`t think.

D

Dave Silvers

:eek:))

Eddie it's my cheque book but it's the wife who seems to be the one obliged to use it.

D

Dave Rothery

dave - send me a cheque, i've got a few tubs of it. might look like water, taste like water, but it'll have a piccy of a carp on. and cost ?100.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Got a good name for it Dave

-- WaterCraft --

D

Dave Rothery

les, the more anglers that dont think about how they're fishing, the better. we'll catch more by being different.
i think the "mountains of boilies" left in lakes goes back to the soya/semo/potassium sorbate days, most half decent freezer baits these days have decomposed within a week if they arent eaten. but then there are still readymades. people using attractor baits dont realise they aren't meant to be piled in!

S

Stu Black

What do you mean by that dave? i nearly always loose feed with the same green zing pop up that's 0n the hook

S

Stu Black

I've been pre baiting all week now with that fake corn, which direction would you pint your rods in?