Bream In the Dove ???

B

Birds Nest

After an afternoon on the Dove and some twitchy warey bites, all of which I managed to miss !! I've started to wonder if there is a Schoal of Bream in there, I was fishing a length at Scropton... Anyone have any thoughts ? I probably should have scaled down from my Size 6 and big bit of flake.... But it was getting cold and dark... Had a decent Chub of about 5lb...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
There's a shoal of bream at Tutbury but I haven't seen any at Scropton. They were probably chub. That's a hell of a big chub for the Dove you had. Well done!

B

Birds Nest

Thanks Graham.

I've had a jammy time on the dove recently, I had one nudging 5 a couple of weeks back too... Great looking fish.

Probably due a few blanks now !!!

D

Dave Johnson

I watched a couple of decent bream last summer around the Coton-in-the-Clay stretch, not massive, around 5lb , but more than happy mingled in with a shoal of chub.
I managed to lose a chub at the net today on the Dove, but luckily land a barbel of around 4lbs. Not massive but a welcome relief to the run of barbel blanks.

J

John Tait

There have been bream reported from the PAAS stretch above Doveridge.

Jonty

K

Keith Banks

If you are fishing the pride stretch there are a few bream, mainly small, or at least they were when Ripley controlled the stretch.

S

steve boulton

There are a few isolated shoals of bream on Dove Valley waters,mainly taken on corn early season.Very welcome when fishing for barbel NOT!