Britain's Hidden Fishes Film (Jeremy Wade UK Fish Film)

Bhiddenfishes

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Jack Perks a professional wildlife camera operator and all round fish nut. I'm also an angler and often dismayed at how little fish get on wildlife programmes in the UK so decided to fund my own film about freshwater and marine fish in the style of blue planet but on a much smaller budget! I've got a team of people working with me including Jeremy Wade who's agreed to narrate it (though the film isn't about fishing its just showcasing behaviours, feeding etc) Theres more info in the links but if you can help out in any way its much appreciated!

Link to the fund raiser

Jack

The bad one

Reaction score
Jack makes some exceptionally good underwater fishy films. He was on Countryfile a week or two ago with one of the films he made. In my view he's what we need to get it across to the general public we are not the eccentrics of, a fool at one end and a worm at the other, they think we are.

Regularly, it is said on here, fish are not fluffy and cuddly and that’s why the public don’t care about them. It is hard to care about something if you can’t see it/them, but if they’re shown them you can raise that endearingness in their minds. Such films as Jack is proposing can go along way to do that.

Wouldn’t it be great if every time a pollution occurred, we had the backing of 1000s of the public banging on the doors of the powers that be because they’d allowed Peter perch and his mates in the local river to die through pollution.

That awareness can only come through raising it, and I firmly believe to do that you have to show the creature going about their everyday lives. And that can only be done by making and showing underwater films as Jack is proposing.

The bad one

Reaction score
Probably to do with companies and accounts of them. Bhiddenfishes seem to be the crowd funding name he's using to raise the money to make the film. He says it's a none for profit film. I'll take him at his word for that. All films encounter costs even if the maker is giving his time, experience, etc for free. I doubt Mr Wade is giving his time for free to narrate it. Mark Wintle probably would know the full answer to this as Mark's made plenty of videos down the years