broken pole section

loglayer

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post and I was wondering if anybody out there could help me with a broken pole section.problem. having not fished for over 5 years I was lucky enough to be given a pole a maver k 25 but unfortunately it has a broken number 7 section I have tried Maver with no success so I was wondering if anybody had a K25 for sale or a K25 section spare many thanks.

loglayer

Reaction score
Thanks but the idiot that I am I cut it and telescoped it which will work but it's about a meter shorter than it should be.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean? If it is telescopable (sic) then it should be repairable?
How can you cut it and lose a metre but still telescope it?

loglayer

Reaction score
The problem was that the break wasn't in the middle of the pole section I had to cut it back so that when I telescoped the two pieces there was clearance at the joint to connect section 8. If this makes sense..

Laurie Harper

Reaction score
I'd still contact Esselle. They may well be able to patch in a piece to lengthen the remains of the section (repairers do have some partial/old sections and may be able to find a piece that fits). Your chance of getting Maver K series spares are slim, I'd say - it's quite an old model. However, a lot of their poles were made on the same mandrels, so some sections will interchange. If you can find something contemporary (there were F, K, L, M and N series from memory) or similar, it may do the trick. Of course, you may have to buy the whole pole, but you can use your top kits with it and have spare sections up you sleeve in case of more accidents. About the only chance is to scan eBay, etc for old ones. Good luck with it.

---------- Post added at 05:23 ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 ----------

An additional suggestion. Fisherman's Friend in Birmingham have some older Maver models at clearance prices (you have to buy the whole pole, of course). I've found them helpful. Worth a call.

loglayer

Reaction score
Thanks I thunk I may Have found somebody on gumtree with a k25 that they are willing to sell to me for £80 plus post and packaging.

loglayer

Reaction score
The pole I was supposed to be buying hasn't happened so I'm back to square one, so if anybody knows of anybody with a k25 pole or number seven section they are willing to sell please could you let me know. Many thanks...