Brollie or Bivvie

N

Nick Gardner

I have moved from the UK to Copenhagen because of my IT job and am a Carp angler for around 10 years. I prefer 24 or 48 hr session (longer if the good lady is suitably happy!!!) but have come across abit of a problem here. We have loads of unfished Carp lakes as most Danes fish for Pike and Zander and the Holiday makers all bugger off to North Denmark for the huge bream bags, but the locals do not like Bivvies. The problem is that alot of these lakes have houses close by and they dont like the place looking like a camping resort. I own a Titan Bivvie (which I am fairly pleased with) and wanted to see out there what Brollies you guys advise as this is an easy way round for me to do all nighters, without the Bill being called.I have already done several day sessions with a very old but fiarly big brollie I got about 15 years ago and is full of holes, and the locals on a very posh lake where there are lumps up to 35lb, didnt say a thing. I have looked into the profile and some of the fox ones, but see from another Thread people slating both products. Any ideas??????

Nick

R

Rob Brownfield

I have a Profile with the Slippery Eel coating. I think its a grat product, except that the seams along the side flaps started to becaume un-picked. A few minutes with some thread soon sorted it. I am sure Nash would have replaced it if I could be bothered packing it all up and sending it to him.

It is very versatile, light, easy to put up and totally waterproof. Its also a nice subdued green and blends in well with the backside.

Although it is expensive, I would recommend one.

P

Paul Williams

Profile for warm one nighters....easy dome for colder nights and longer sessions.

J

John Tait

A thread about this subject is currently running on the FishingWarehouse site, and there is a lot of support for the Aqua brolly.

Jonty

D

Darren Wilson

Nash Profile Special or Tails Up Babylon get my votes. Both are Broly based, but can be used either as a Brolly, brolly + Sides or a full bivvy type shelter by rolling or unrolling a few panels. Versatility.

N

Nick Gardner

Thanks for the advice guys. I am off this morning to a big Carp Tackle store in Copenhagen who also stocks Nash (although it takes forever to get the gear over here) and see what he can do me for a Profile.

D

David Will

Having used a Easy Dome , Hutchy one man , Fox Supa bivvy , Nash Profile with overwrap and latterly a Fox Evolution Brolly with overwrap I would recommend a Brolly with overwrap.These cope with all conditions , all banks , all swims.
Whether you go for a Fox Evolution or Nash Profile is your choice.What i would not recommend is the Nash infill panel to go with the profile it is next to useless.
With the Fox Evolution you now even get decent pegs!

P

Philip Inzani

I have a profile special (the one with the zip on front). I think its OK but I would definatly recommend that you try and get a ground sheet to go with it, it really makes ahuge difference to your comfort (well ok, my comfort) when conditions get a bit wet or cold. For summer one nighters its great but there is one side of me that still wishes I had looked a bit more closely at the Evolution...its lighter and seems to have got some good press, down side is that I think you cannot break it down beyond 6 foot 6 inch so you have to take that into account if you want to try and hide it in your car boot for example.

N

Nick Gardner

Thanks alot for your advise. It's abit tuff having to spend over ?150.00 (2000 Danish Kroner) when I only bought my Viper last year but I will look at both options. I did get a good price from my local store which was around ?160.00 including Gardner storm poles for the Profile. Fox is not so popular over here but I could always buy an evolution mail order but would get buggered on the current exchange rate.

Nick

A

Alistair Campbell

Profile for all seasons as long as you have a warm sleeping bag that is, best thing i ever purchased, small, lightweight and very versatile buy one!!!