Buggeration

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Thanks, that was my interpretation, so you can't cross into another one.
Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "tier". What I meant was that it makes sense not to travel to an area known or suspected to be of higher risk. Though there may be no tiers in a national lockdown we probably all know the areas nearest to us which we would wish to avoid if possible.

Reaction score
Well after not receiving clarification from either club(most unusual)I rang my mate in Christchurch as he is to do with Ringwood daa,anyway he said angling is to continue,with no long journeys,one angler per car(unless from the same household,but then only one other,angling is a legal reason to travel too. This morning still no emails,I checked one of my clubs website's,nothing,refreshed it however and it was there,so I/we can go... Tackle shops however are not counted as essential retail so are not open,but are open for click and collect,if they opt to supply such a service,a shop in St Albans is open fom 10am-2pm for such a service...

terry m

Reaction score
Yes, can confirm that Ringwood DAA and also the Somerley Syndicate are open on the basis of Whitty’s post.

Really pleased as I have ten days leave coming up.

steve2

Reaction score
Furlough till March not a good sign of ever getting back to normal. By then this country will be bankrupt and the last thing to worry about is can I go fishing.

rayner

Reaction score
Fisheries can't cope with all the idiots throwing bait like they are seeding a field. The dumb fish aren't so dumb they know when fisheries are quiet so feed then. Furlough as saved jobs so that's good but folk shouldn't be allowed to enjoy furlough they should find something constructive to do, not fish.

Normal service is now resumed, rant over.

rayner

Reaction score
Even when the virus has settled down we will have to find a new normal, things will never be as they were. At least with this new regime of wearing masks and washing hands colds and flue is almost eradicated with people I know.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am just banking on a mass vaccination available by then, as long as it is effective it should bring all this under control before March.

steve2

Reaction score
The school my Son was working at as just closed two classes because of positive coronavius tests and the have only been back 4 days. Not a good a start to the schools must not shut policy.

Krang

Reaction score
Fisheries can't cope with all the idiots throwing bait like they are seeding a field. The dumb fish aren't so dumb they know when fisheries are quiet so feed then. Furlough as saved jobs so that's good but folk shouldn't be allowed to enjoy furlough they should find something constructive to do, not fish.
That makes no sense at all. Why should people not be allowed to enjoy furlough? How will making more people miserable help anything?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Live for today because tomorrow you could well be dead.

I intend to enjoy a bit of fishing. Future generations may have to pay for what is happening now, so what?

It wasn’t long ago that we finished paying compensation to slave owners following the abolition of slavery, yet I have never personally owned a slave and to the best of my knowledge neither has any of my ancestors. Also when did we as as a nation finish paying for two world wars, I had no hand in this either and again this wasn’t very long ago, in fact some of the money I have paid in tax went to pay for all of this.

I have no intention at the age of 65 of letting anyone guilt trip me over taking enjoyment during my enforced period of unemployment and neither should you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Live for today or tomorrow you will be dead more like Ray,it is which tomorrow,the inevitable march of life,that is why some older people do not want to be locked away....

mikench

Reaction score
Students fenced in, the army on the streets in Liverpool . What is happening to our democracy ?

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
Furlough is different for many people this time, previously it was paid and the expectation was you would stay at home and do no work. In fact it was illegal to work. Now it’s flexible, if there’s work to do you can do it and the days/weeks there is no work the bill will be paid by the government, in very simplistic terms.

Furlough, or The Job Retention Scheme, has its pitfalls and its critics and some it’s rightly founded. However can you imagine the cost and damage to the economy that would of occurred without it. The largest tax take sector SMEC’s, would have been hard hit with so many more going bankrupt and the unemployment that came with it. Those people would all have to have started again, new jobs, retrain the cost I recon (I have no proof of corse) would have far exceeded the cost of the Furlough scheme.

Whilst some did very well out of it, the majority of people were either taking a 20% pay cut of a pay cheque that only just covered their huge rent/mortgage etc or were taking a significant pay cut, in excess of the 20%, due to the cap.

Personally we took a hit on my salary and my wife was made virtually instantly redundant. A rather big hit on household income. Thankfully she now has a new job as a key worker and I’m now on flexi which looks at present like il only miss one weeks full pay this month.

We’re the lucky ones some people have received literally nothing.

rayner

Reaction score
That makes no sense at all. Why should people not be allowed to enjoy furlough? How will making more people miserable help anything?
If you'd quoted the whole post I may have considered your reply in a more reasonable manner.Scheissekopf.

Reaction score
Students fenced in, the army on the streets in Liverpool . What is happening to our democracy ?

I'm sorry Mike,it seems to me to be allowed to do things that are illegal as a mob at the time of a pandemic is no time for democracy,in fact I would go as far as to say,when we have had mass disorder in the past that should have been dealt with....hard....