Camera advice needed...

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The vast amount of photos shot are done in the JPEG mode - pronounced "Jaypeg"

This stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group and is an agreed on format for transmitting and storing images. For 99% of you photography, your camera will be working on JPEG.

RAW means just that - a raw image on the CCD which has recieved no processing.

Working in Raw using a photo - processing package on your computer such as Photoshop, will give you much more creativity. But you can still enhance JPEGs.

captain carrott

Reaction score
it's the same as the fuji 9100 mate the 9600 has some firm ware upgrades to get rid of the glitches that were in the 9100.

have a look in the fuji talk forums on there there are actual examples of pics people have taken with them.

E

EC

Yeah I've done a bit of mooching Jase, there's a decent number of +ve reviews for the 9600.Seems to be better in low light than the 9500, however the 9500 seems to have loads of bundle packages around incl a decent one on digi cam exchange.

M

MarkTheSpark

Used a 9600 for work, and I thought it was a lovely little camera. Nice sharp lens and plenty of programming options.

M

MarkTheSpark

Oh, and used proper (AA) batteries instead of rechargeable things that cost ?50 and can't be bought outside of the web or London.

Mick Johnson

Reaction score
I use a canon 350d dslr more often in raw which is like having a negative you choose the settings not the camera and i work in photoshop cs2 most of the time and save to jpeg or a tiff i also have a point and shoot with me a kodak let me finish by saying i am no smart arse also please take a look at the webb site http://www.disabledphotographers.co.uk we are all disabled most of us use dslr cameras please look at are pictures then you decide what to buy mick