Can we.......

Another Dave

Reaction score
camo.jpg

You ain't seen me, right?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I don't know how long this virus lasts outside the human body but it must be swilling around in the wind. We could still breathe it in - in out of the way places or on the way there, less chance maybe than near crowded places but more chance than indoors. Overall, given the severity of this virus I think keeping away from it as much as possible, however small; is the wisest thing.

I still go outdoors, a shop and a walk in the park but I am only outside an hour or two maybe so that's still keeping my exposure to a minimum, I could go beach fishing maybe to a deserted spot but that would be a lot more "non-essential" exposure. I will accept the chance of getting this virus to my limited exposure but I would be very pised-off if I was dying a horrible death just because I went non-essential fishing and probably blanked anyway and even if i caught; be a great HDYGO post - hey guys, I caught a great bass today but I am now in an intensive care bed dying, nice knowing you all.

I am not using supermarket trolleys or baskets, take my shopping bag and fill that up and when I use their push buttons on the check out, I use my knuckle to push them, if the virus is there it is less likely to transfer somewhere unwanted if it is on my knuckle than my finger tip, the same when drawing money from the ATM and I give my hands a good wash when I get home.

I just think as little as exposure we can mange however small is the key for now in whatever way we can think of and fishing. It appears to be breaking in a couple of countries and I think it will here as well, just have to be patient and stay as safe as possible in the meantime..

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
Released by the Angling Trust:

We must all do what is required of us by the Government and work together to fight this pandemic. Therefore until further notice we should all refrain from fishing. This is about saving lives and supporting the NHS.

steve2

Reaction score
Drove past one of my local commercials expecting to see it shut, you would be hard pushed to get another car in the car park it was packed. The country park on the other side of the road was locked to stop walkers.
Just what is going on?
Is there some loophole in the don’t leave home that they are exploiting for monetary gain?

nottskev

Reaction score
Drove past one of my local commercials expecting to see it shut, you would be hard pushed to get another car in the car park it was packed.

What's the name of the fishery?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove past one of my local commercials expecting to see it shut, you would be hard pushed to get another car in the car park it was packed. The country park on the other side of the road was locked to stop walkers.
Just what is going on?
Is there some loophole in the don’t leave home that they are exploiting for monetary gain?

Currently the police can only "request" that people fishing pack up and go home.

That will change by Thursday when the Emergency Powers Bill receives Royal Assent and then quite large fines will be legally permissible . . . . . .

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Currently the police can only "request" that people fishing pack up and go home.

That will change by Thursday when the Emergency Powers Bill receives Royal Assent and then quite large fines will be legally permissible . . . . . .

Sooner it’s reinforced by law and a few are made examples of the better. Initially I was of a mind to think fishing was OK....I’m not anymore. There will still be a few idiots carrying on a few chancers “guesting”.....and then going home to spread it about.

Some people are just so bloody selfish and so bloody thick. What was that bbq all about ? Unbelievable

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What large fines are those Peter?

So far I’ve heard that a £30 fine will be issued for anyone gathering, one of the few times I’m in total disagreement with the government for this non sensical sum of money, it won’t stop the stupid.

We’re straying into politics again, hard not to.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Under the 2020 Act individual fines of up to £1000 are permissable as is the power for the police to forcibly remove people to a place of safety . . . .

The Bill provides for some far-reaching powers and yet it attempts to balance necessary safety with liberty.

Even so, compared to the new laws in both France and Italy (and I'm told in Spain as well) this 2020 Bill is not as draconian.

mikench

Reaction score
The commercial should be named and shamed on all media; it makes one wonder why we bother.

rayner

Reaction score
I started my self-isolation in October 2019, not intentional isolation just the way it worked out. I put a restriction on myself not to fish in colder weather.
After this covid, I'm beginning to think the cold weather restriction will have to be lifted.
When I think of all the decent weather in winter that I've wasted, then anything close to how this winter has been next winter I shall definitely be spending time drowning maggots.

mikench

Reaction score
On the subject of rewilding , I'm tempted to move to Ambridge as there is no mention of coronavirus there at all and no cases in the whole of Borsetshire.:rolleyes:

Will it ever feature?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
On the subject of rewilding , I'm tempted to move to Ambridge as there is no mention of coronavirus there at all and no cases in the whole of Borsetshire.:rolleyes:

Will it ever feature?

The Archers is one of my guilty pleasures. I’ve noticed this too. I would guess they recorded a large number of episodes prior to the escalation of the virus. They’re usually pretty topical to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molehill

Reaction score
The Archers are on here most evenings, like every listener we are "when are they going to mention the virus", life carries on as normal (if you call it that) in Borsetshire :)

steve2

Reaction score
The commercial fishery I mentioned that was still open closed last night and is not reopening till further notice.
The message must have finally got through to them.

I see a group of twitchers was sent home today by the police after chasing round the country after a rare bird.