carp fishing the nene

V

vince battams

title says it all looking for carpy sections of the nene can anyone help.

M

Mike Fidler

Vince, glad you found the web site. I fished the Nene for Carp for three seasons just down from the Bedford road weir in Nortampton. It produced lots of good carp to 16lb which all fought really well. Unfortunatly the weed has got very bad and there is little or no flow to the river these days due to extraction at Duston Mill and the New Canoe centre which holds back and recycles water endlessly. Good fish can still be caught upstream at Sixfields where there are still many fish that were swept out of Heyford Fisheries in the floods a couple of years ago.

N

Neil Wayte

Nice to see people fishing the rivers,I hear there may be a few big fish that have escaped from Kevins lakes.Is it true there was a 37 and a 38 out last year.Good luck and stay away from the crowds.

M

Mike Fidler

Yes, I've heard the same sort of thing, was it a forty flapping on the drive of another fishery owner? That made me laugh! Looking forward to the backend, I reckon the river carping will be the best for years after this winters flush through.

V

vince battams

mike
hi anymore news on that forty from weedon road pit,read with interest that your looking forward to the backend of the season for river carp,if you don,t want to give too much info away e.mail me,any tips on where to try ,methods ,baits etc as i am still a novice carper even better we could arrange a session together what do you say

M

Mike Fidler

Vince, yeah definately came out of the sixfields pit. Don't know any more than that I'm afraid. The guy who caught it is a member of the Northants specimen group so nuff' said. Went for a walk down Bedford road this afternoon and there was a lot of water going through. Best of all no weeds in existence. I imagine the bottom has had a real good scouring. I hpoe to start carping, piking on the river in January/February if you want to join me it's no problem. I'll be fishing off the point as always.

P

Paul Williams

Mike,Vince, leave some room for a little un! well actually a big un to if Rik spot's this thread!

M

Mike Fidler

Paul, your always welcome! Had a good walk around you know where as well, water was still very coloured but a few fish were being caught, nothing very big. Might be worth your while late this week or next week.

C

Carp Angler

I've just sat back and waited for the opportunity to introduce myself when I felt the timing was right.
So what does Williams do?
Leaps in with his great big size 3's.

So where and when?

N

Neil Wayte

If we are playing on the Nene I would love to come up.Al ways fancied it because of it's history ie Lenneys in the Electricity cut.Room for some size 12's

M

Mike Fidler

I know where you mean Neil, That stretch from the old power station all the way up the dead arm of the river, I've heard the stories....big 30lb+ lenney fish it's enough to get carpy salivating! I've seen big fish come out below Billing mill
before, in the summer it was a mass of bivvys, no one there now though. You know guys, I could really go for a decent session or two myself. How about early/mid January, providing the flow has eased a bit?
Also where do you want to go? Down past the aquadrome or the upper river near the powerstation?

N

Neil Wayte

Don't realy care where but must get okay from management first so try to give me as much warning as possible.Got a date with Rik for some Harbour carping as well.So time might be tight but I'm sure I can slide up the A1 at some time.

B

Birds Nest

WOW WOW WOW... Hold on A 40 out of Weedon road pit... Which pit do you mean ? the one Ran by Nene Or the newer one ? If its the nene one I'm not surprised, some massive stuff used to scare me when I was tenching down there..... I've seen some massive carp in the Nene that is out towards swan valley, where the canal runs next to it... mmmmmm tenching mmmmmmm... will it ever stop raining ????????

B

Birds Nest

I'd be careful fishing near that old powerstation if you mean the one near the Avon Factory....... Went for a wander along there with the missues when it was warm (ahhh lets go for a nice walk, and I can spot some fish hehe) Lots of men about in tight shorts.........

N

Neil Wayte

Swan Valley massive carp and men in tight shorts this could turn out to be an interesting session.

M

Mike Fidler

Oh dear, the forty came out of our favourite tenching pit. Mind you there's been some good fish coming out of Ransome road recently. Bunch of lads from Coventry are coming down regularly and taking it apart. They usually fish Hyde lane but come to Ranny rd to catch fish.

M

Mike Fidler

Men in tight shorts! he! he! I'd love to see them come up and propostion Carpy........