Carp lakes in the Westmidlands area

maver man

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Any of you carp anglers from the west midlands (Worcester, Droitwich and Birmingham area) or near here?
If so could you recommend any decent carp lakes with sizable carp in as i would like to beat my pb at 18lb 5oz not only do i want to fish them for big carp but also for a change of scenery.

Thanks all.

Regards,
Adam.

Last edited:

olddog22202

Reaction score
R H Fisheries

Hi Adam, have you tried the monument at shifnal, you should definatley beat your pesonal best, http://www.rhfisheries.com/ thay should have cancelations at this time of year, have a look at the website my freind and i spent a week at weston park in july "fantastic" thay have some verry good waters the monument being the easiest one to get on, its manmade but the fish are verry large and the surroundigs not bad.

Frothey

Reaction score
The Monument is a lot of money when you look at the numbers and size of fish that have been coming out recently.....

maver man

Reaction score
Thanks Panda, is this the fishery where Matt Hayes and Mick Brown fished on great rod race? I so then i have wanted to fish this place for a while.

Found out today my Grandad will not allow me to go to any commie or any other fishery outside a 1 mile radius now the colder weather is upon us :(
But please dont stop giving me info on different places as i have next year to look forward to :)

Thanks all,
Adam.

richiekelly

Reaction score
maver man have a look at www. astwoodbankac.co.uk i dont know if any of their waters are near to you but they might be ok for carp next season.

maver man

Reaction score
Thanks blanker.
I am planning to fish this place next year anyway they are like 10 mins away from me.
Reasonably cheap for a 24hr ticket n all.

Thanks,
Adam.

peter mayall

Reaction score
hi maverman.
i see you live in droitwich, so pay a visit to your local tackle shop where you wil be greeted
warmley and given all the info you require, tell tina or steve ,who run the shop, that
pete sent you, best wishes in your endevours, pete

maver man

Reaction score
Thanks Pete, i know Steve and tina very well he took me for a night session on his syndicate :p where i caught my pb.
When i go in tomorrow as i go in every friday any way lol ill ask him ;)

Cheers,
Adam.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Arrow Valley lakes in Redditch used to be great, i havnt fished it for maybe 8 years tho, i had a 14lb Common in the afternoon after coming back from a 8hr blank at Sywell Reservoir.

noknot

Reaction score
Arrow Valley lakes in Redditch used to be great, i havnt fished it for maybe 8 years tho, i had a 14lb Common in the afternoon after coming back from a 8hr blank at Sywell Reservoir.

An 8 hrs blank, Oh my! How depressing! 8 months is bad! Welcome to Carp Angling.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Sorry i didnt say, i was Tench fishing at Sywell when i blanked, but the next trip there i had an 8lb Tench so it made up for it (this was 12-13 years ago).

The bonus Carp was nice, i had been up all the previous night travelling to Sywell and i was totally shattered, we only stopped off at Arrow Valley lakes in Redditch cos a frieind suggested it, he blanked, i got the 14lb Common, took me about 45 mins to get it in... you could say i was not prepared for it, and to this day it remains my PB Carp, i never intentionally fish for Carp but i often get the smaller ones (3-8lb) whilst Bream fishing, a right old nuisance they are ;)

I later found out that Arrow Valley is a very good Carp water, or at least it was back then.

Last edited:

bobbyf77

Reaction score
Im near Tamworth just north of Birmingham, there are a few good lakes round here Willesely lakes at achby biggest in the lake is 42lb so im told and a handful of specimen lakes with carp of upto 30lb in them these are only a 30 minute drive from droitwich.

Regards

Mitchellman

maver man

Reaction score
Brilliant have you got any website links that i could have a look at mate?

With regards,

Adam.

bobbyf77

Reaction score
Fisheries.co.uk - Willesley Lake Fishery, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire Very big lake some large fish, trev who is on the site had a 31lb 4oz out on our first trip,

Fisheries.co.uk - Holt Hall Fisheries, Over Whitacre, Coleshill near Birmingham
Has sturgeon in and carp up to 31 so im told

And another very nice lake caught my Pb out here on 1st visit 18lb 4oz

Fisheries.co.uk - Lakeside Fishery, Wolvey, Leicestershire.

All these lake are within a 45 minute drive from Droitwich

Regards

Mitchellman

tcups

Reaction score
how about himely hall, its about 15mins away from my house..the only drawback is its days only unless ur in the syndicate which still has quite a waiting list theres fish to 30 odd i belive.

---------- Post added at 07:33 ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 ----------

20 mins from dudley if you know where that is.have no idea why i said my house :confused:

maver man

Reaction score
Thanks Iwish.
Yes i know where dudley is i think its about 1 hour or less from me ill check them out on the internet.